VSG revision to DS?

Darma
on 8/7/11 8:30 am

Babygirl, yes I had 2 bands- both slipped and then a removal.  Re-gained 80lbs in 3 months!  Horrifying.  First sleeve was w/ a amateur and he did not do the entire sleeve because of adhesions.  2nd sleeve was w/ Dr. Gagner while he was in NYC- good sleeve but by then my metabolism was shot.  Knew that I needed the intestinal portion if I had any hope of not regaining up to my highest wt. of 473lb.  So went to Spain- I'm so glad I did. 

Please get a copy of your original operative report from the hospital or surgeon- it will tell you what size your stomach was made.  This is very important as some surgeons do not make it small enough.  Your DS surgeon will want to know/see a copy to check it out also.
Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions and read, read,read......
Darma

Virgie Tschirhart
on 8/7/11 9:09 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
I thank you again for sharing.  I feel the same way my metabolism is shot.  I need the intestinal portion as well.  There is a doctor in Denton, Texas that I'm going to make an appointment with that does 4 types of surgeries, LB, RYN, Sleeve, DS.  I'm going to ask for my medical record and this way I will know what size my bougie is. 

I will keep you posted.  

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Recent Topics