WLS and drug testing

LuckyLibrarian
on 8/5/11 2:36 am - Plumerville, AR
I have been informed that THC (from marijuana) binds to fat cells like estrogen does.

1)Does this mean that the marijuana I smoked in my teens and twenties will show up in future drug tests after significant weight loss?

2)Should I inform my surgeon about my past use? My PCP already knows, I tell her everything.

Thanks for the help!

Kristen
Elizabeth N.
on 8/5/11 3:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
That seems extremely farfetched to me.

pycca
on 8/5/11 3:14 am - Haslet, TX
Tests can only prove up to 45 days of when use occured,,,,unless hair,, but that is too expensive to do.

if it was LOOONG time ago,,, no need to inform anyone,,LOL
MizCharlotte
on 8/5/11 4:07 am - Spring, TX
Dont worry!

I'm sure most of us did.

Besides, everyone knows librarians are cool.
LuckyLibrarian
on 8/5/11 4:25 am - Plumerville, AR
Lols!
larra
on 8/5/11 10:53 am - bay area, CA
Even hair follicle testing doesn't go back that far! You're safe.

Larra
StacyB88888
on 8/5/11 11:09 am - FL
Geico gives a 'haircut' to pre-hires...it had been 16 years since last use and I was ok. After attempting to work for Geico I think they should probably be testing for drug use after hire...but they would probably only find anti-anxiety meds and anti-depressants.

freebirdmich
on 8/5/11 5:10 pm - MI
 wait, what will that have to do with the surgery? I just got my medical Maryjane card a few months ago, I only smoke at night and to help with the pain so I can sleep! ( I have fibro and Sjogrens syndrome) I have not told my surg about it yet but I will. Do they frown upon this?
I have to smoke because I developed a reaction to narcotics, which is fine with me because believe me they are worse for you than any Weed out there! (matter of opinion) 
ugh, I hope this isnt going to be an issue as I struggled so hard with getting the card in the first place! 
Been over ten years since I had a ciggarette and more than 20 since I had smoked weed, And now I only use a vaporizor. 
let me know what y'all think or have heard, Thank you :)
Recent Topics