Calcet Creamy Bites

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 4:01 am - Beverly, NJ

I love these. HOWEVER as a newbie I know I need to rely on you all to let me know whats best soooooo...... 

Whats the deal with these?  I just got my order in the mail and thought they would be fine but I'm being told that maybe not so much... I'm having a hard time getting the capsules down from Vitalady (I'm having a pill problem period, everything feels like it's stuck and it's making me gag) so I was going to start opening up the capsules but then these showed up in the mail and they're just so freaking yummy.  

I don't want to risk waiting for my labs to see how they'll work I'd rather know from the pro's ahead of time and just take the loss on these.  

Thanks ahead of time!!!

teachmid
on 8/5/11 4:15 am - OKC, OK
I have had a problem with any calcium pills/caps for several years, even before my DS. I use Upcal powdered calcium and love it, it's a little spendy.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 4:02 pm - Beverly, NJ
Someone else mentioned it to me too. I'm going to look it up. Thanks!
beemerbeeper
on 8/5/11 5:27 am - AL
Post the ingredients.  Do they have sugar alcohols?  What form of Calcium is it?  If it is carbonate it is a no go.

~Becky

MarciRenee
on 8/5/11 5:29 am - IA
Here's a link to the nutritional info for those who are interested:  http://www.celebratevitamins.com/suppletment_facts/index.php ?option=com_content&view=article&id=105

Depending on how carb-phobic you want to be...it is about 6 grams of carbs per chew.   I would have to take 8 chews a day b/c I take 3000 mg of calcium a day - so that would be 48 grams of carbs...I would have no issue throwing a couple doses of these in per day to get my 3000 mg of calcium in easier!

To add in or as you're ramping up - it doesn't seem like a bad choice.  It IS calcium citrate and has a tiny bit of Vit D in them.  So that's good.  And if you don't/aren't concerned about the carbs (which is totally your decision to make) then I would give them a whirl.  They are kinda pricey as well, so there's that aspect of it.

Worst case/best case - you spend some of your carb budget but are able to get your calcium in from the get go...I call that a win, personally. 

The better question is - how do they tatse?
Marci       
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 4:04 pm - Beverly, NJ

Thanks for the link, you did it before I could.

And they taste like candy!  Soooo good.  I got samples from Celebrate Vitamins and found them super cheap so I bought two boxes.  I spent less than 30 dollars s it's not too much of a loss.  I'm going ot hang on to them and take them as an extra boost.  I called vitalady today and I can sprinkle my capsules on something small or a tiny bit of water so thats my plan.

dgb123
on 8/5/11 5:36 am - Fairfax, VA
Let me first say, I know the product I am going to mention has sugar alcohols in it - luckily, they don't bother me.

Bariatric Advantage has their "Chewy Bites" calcium.  They are 250 mg. each.  60 in a pack for $11.95.  They come in chocolate, caramel. raspberry and lemon.  The raspberry is to die for!!

I realize they won't be for everyone, but wanted to let you know they were out there and if you don't have a problem with sugar alcohols, they are cheaper.

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 4:08 pm - Beverly, NJ

I've tried these and they are great!  The caramel ones are dreamy! 

So far I have no reactions to sugar or sugar alcohols but I know that can change.  I also don't seem to have much of a reaction to sugar.  I had about 2 spoonfuls of water ice the other day (my son wanted me to try his) and nothing not even a fart.  But when I've tried to eat the carbwise wraps from Mission I can't even swallow them I tried to take a nibble of bread to see if I had the same effect and it did.  It's like I am totally grossed out by the taste and texture of bread and pasta and such.  Which is a good thing and I know can change.  

Since i've had no reaction I think the Calcet chews would be ok.  I'm worried about the amount of fat in them.  

teachmid
on 8/5/11 5:47 am - OKC, OK
6 carbs per chew is certainly more than I want when I'm trying to stay under 50
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Blob_on_the_Beach
on 8/5/11 8:34 am - On a pedestal, TX
These are delish!! But unfortunately they have flour in them and gave me KILLER gas!

Recent Topics