One more switchee with a 2 year Surgiversary this week

had_enuf
on 8/4/11 7:55 am - East Bay, CA
Seems like we were quite a large litter two years ago!
I posted my 2 year labs about 10 days ago, and here's the link if you're curious about that and my vitamin regime:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4430499/2-year-Labs-feedback-please/#36622238 

Check out my siggy line and you'll see my stats re all-time high, consultation weight, surgery weight and now. (my real goal was 155, but my ticker place can't handle being below).
The photos there are from last month, they and others, including befores,  are in my profile, which is open to view.

Since I've lost over 210 lbs from my highest, you can be sure I have skin issues, also not helped by the fact that I am almost 63 years old. They are not as serious as I feared and I don't expect to be having much, if anything, done in the way of plastics. Kaiser coverage would be difficult or non-existent and  I tend to get keloids, I also have a shoulder replacement that's wearing out at 13 years old (making struggling with compression garments an issue) and as an involuntary retiree not yet on Social Security or  Medicare and no pension, I've  got to watch what I blow the IRA on. Been miserable about losing/loosening 3 lower teeth 6 months ago.. Can't snack on my favorite..nuts., can't handle solid meats, so I'm going to do the dental implants first  and then cataract/presbyopia surgery if I can. Maybe I should try for a Costa Rican triple play and get the face and the boobs done there. Anyone have any experience with that?

Been a while since I attended any Rabkin support group meetings either in San Jose of San Fran, but I'm planning on San Fran in September. Hope to see a few familiar faces there.

I'm on this site almost every day, even if I'm not a daily poster..Thanks to you all who share your stories and experience so openly with everyone  Thanks for taking the time to read this unexpectedly long post.

Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

teachmid
on 8/4/11 8:00 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your success! I'm almost 63 too and it's the pits, but better after the DS.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

had_enuf
on 8/4/11 9:21 am - East Bay, CA
 Thanks Gail, On you 62 looks good!  I spent 20 years avoiding looking in the mirror because I hated my fat face. Now I look, and hey! when did I get so old?

teachmid
on 8/4/11 9:31 am - OKC, OK
Thanks. I know what you mean. It's hard to find any pictures of mean around here. I've always said that pictures were "against my religion"----hopefully this comment doesn't offend anyone. I just hated seeing myself.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MomToTeens
on 8/4/11 8:31 am - OH
Congratulations!  I'm so glad there are so many successes and inspirations for us newbies!

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

had_enuf
on 8/4/11 9:22 am - East Bay, CA
Thank you Susan. You'll be your own inspiration really soon. 

Blank Out
on 8/4/11 8:54 am
 Congrats on two years!  You look very fit in your pics!  Were the loose teeth due to calcium issues?  I have to tell you this scares me!  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

had_enuf
on 8/4/11 9:42 am - East Bay, CA
I was a bad girl and had to have 2 lowers pulled from neglect 8 years ago. The partial bridge I got kept coming unglued so I gave up and had a missing tooth on each side of my lowers. Then in 2009 I loosened a neighboring tooth on one side eating pumpkin seeds. Six months ago, on the other side, I broke off a tooth below the gum from a shell in some mixed nuts. I pulled the stub from the failed bridge at the same time, leaving a 3 tooth gap on lower left. Because my PTH was high, I worked on lowering that and waited to decide what to do to fill the holes. My PTH is now normal, and I'm going to do an extraction and 5 implants. I think the basic problem was not being a good enough patient  in the past and not taking corrective action sooner. That said, I did have "significant" bone loss since my baseline Dexa-scan  pre-op, but current diagnosis is osteopenia, not osteoporosis.

Blank Out
on 8/4/11 10:49 am
 Thank you for explaining.   I think we all have to watch our PTH and calcium.  I am still new at this, and worry a lot!  I have had one dental implant after a failed bridge, and I love it!  Best to you!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

* Gail R *
on 8/4/11 9:32 am - SF Bay Area, CA
As you know, Angel dear, I will be two years out in a few more weeks too! I don't like to think about my age in years, but I am getting right up there with you. Where did all those wrinkles come from that were smoothed out with fat a couple of years ago? I keep trying to decide on plastics or not...
I am here nearly every day too. See you in September at the meeting.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views