Ok stop now.

Heather E.
on 8/2/11 10:59 pm
When I got down to my lowest (136), I looked too skinny/gaunt, especially in my face.  A month later, I had bounced back up to around 143ish, which is where I pretty much stay nowadays.  Stuff started shifting around, and has continued to shift around for the last six months.  I don't look gaunt or too skinny anymore. 

Something I did to stabilize my weight and help me to regain some of my lost muscle mass:  I started drinking 4 protein coffees a day.  That alone was giving me almost 200g of protein a day, not counting food.  I really think that helped me to level off, and an added benefit was that I actually *felt* better after I started drinking more shakes.  Prior to that, I was doing one or two a day.  Now, I do two or three a day, which seems to be adequate for my needs at the moment, although I am almost due for my 1 1/2 year labs, so I may need to adjust based on those results.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

kirmy
on 8/3/11 12:14 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm having in excess of 250g of protein a day but have been gobbling chocolate which I think is causing diarrhea each night so I suspect it is the culprit.  I'm going to sit down and appraise what I'm doing to discover all the ways I'm going wrong.

Thanks love.
xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 2:11 am
I sure wish I had this problem! My weight loss slowed to nothing 7 months ago despite being carb and protein compliant 95% of the time. The only things that have shown up as deficiencies are low vitamin K and low iron. Both remedied and being monitored closely.

Being a revision is half the problem, the other parts that make up the 2nd half include a very confused metabolism, a bizarre weight set point, very efficient carb use by my body and the possibility that I'm a super absorber of nutrients in general. I have lost a total of 120 lbs and so many things are better.  I just wish that the last 80 would go away too LOL.

You are doing everything right (well, except for the thing causing the nightly potty runs).

Hugs,
Ratkity
kirmy
on 8/3/11 5:47 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Honey I swear I'm not here bragging about my weight loss...I hope for those that are struggling they aren't feeling put out by my post.  I have had an effortless DS journey (except for the hurdles I put in front of myself due to non-compliance) and just stupidly thought it would stop when I was happy with my weight.  It has not!  It is going to stop and God knows what set point and that loss of control scares me.   What I did have was no weight loss for about 4-5 months at all then suddenly it kicked in again and the scales crept down.  Now I am losing like the beginning again and I have done NOTHING AT ALL different. So there is hope for you and everyone else. The DS is a journey and I have to remind myself that I am only a passenger.

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 8:33 am, edited 8/3/11 8:35 am
Oh! I know you weren't bragging. I was being wistful and frustrated (all at the same time). No reflection on your journey at all.

I am fortunate that I don't fight with my PCP for needed labs and my deficiencies are nil (thank ewe vitacouple and vets!!!).  There are times when I want it ALL and I want it NOW - alas. There was a time the only patience I had was cuz my long passed pound puppy-mutt was named Patience. Now that she's gone I have none at all!

Hugs and hoping things stable out for you quickly,
Ratkity

PS You look AWESOME in that little dress you posted!!!
sweetpotato1959
on 8/4/11 3:19 pm
 I am 15 years out, and wish I could drop those last 20 lbs easily.   don't fret, it will stop when your body says so. sounds like you're eating enough protein and then some...  your body is making the adjustments.give it a little more time. be careful of the carbs...
Nicolle
on 8/3/11 2:27 am
I would not worry yet. I got "too thin" too for a short while, at about 15-16 months out. I looked "too pointy" in my face. Then my body seemed to figure out where it liked to be.

Dr. Rabkin says it's pretty common to dip low, then bounce up abit and then stabilize. If the dowward slide continues for too long, you may want to consider enzymes like Creon.

I don't remember how tall you are, but I am 5'6" and weigh about 155-160 on any given day. When I was 144 I looked too "pointy." I like this weight much better and it's been easy, SO FAR, to maintain.

Give it a little more time and see, I say.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

kirmy
on 8/3/11 5:51 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm 5ft 7 and weigh 154lbs.  I hate the fact that I can see my ribs through my chest wall....and my bloody chest is concave!!! I had no ******g idea, it used to be a Spanish Armada sailing into the room 10seconds before the rest of me arrived.  My arse hurts if I sit for more then 5 minutes and I get cold if there is even a tiny breeze. 

Its not what it is cracked up to be...however I did joke I wanted to be a head on a stick and I may yet get my wish!!!

Anna G.
on 8/3/11 2:50 am
I can't tell you how many people at your stage I've seen panicked about this; only to see their posts only months later complaining of too much regain. Please, please, please don't worry. You will bounce back. I am very very jealous, because I never even reached goal and my bounceback is much more painful than yours is likely to be. Just keep riding that DS train to the wonderful place it's taking you.

kirmy
on 8/3/11 5:53 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Hello beautiful!  You didn't reach goal??? But you're perfect!  I am sorry to hear you're having a fight with bounce back.  I hope you kick its arse.  I'm hanging on white knuckled and trying to enjoy the roller coaster that is the DS.

Recent Topics