What's the criteria for a "vetted surgeon?"

callmeEJ
on 8/2/11 12:20 pm - Minneapolis, MN
This is just my opinion, but since you are a revision patient, you should really, really look into a more experienced surgeon. I know there are insurance issues and Dr. Kendrick is very close to you. But you should really, REALLY consider going to someone more experienced in DS -- there are two surgeons in the Twin Cities that are very experienced in the DS (Dr. Buchwald and Dr. Ikramuddin at the U of M). A lot of revision patients on this board have had to travel a heck of a lot further than the distance from Rochester to Minneapolis.

PLEASE re-consider. Revisions are risky business, even a band-to-DS revision. If you are taking the risk, why not go with someone more experienced?

Your other thread about the lacking aftercare/completely unaware nutritionist at Mayo worries me, too. U of M isn't fantastic when it comes to aftercare, but at least the nutritionist and PAs are a little more clued into the fact that DSer nutritional and dietary needs are different than other WLS patients. The fact that you got the exact same book as you did with your other surgery is disturbing to me.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
Katie K.
on 8/2/11 1:13 pm - Grand Haven, MI
Dr. Kemmeter in Grand Rapids Michigan is a Vetted Surgeon. Traveling may be something that you will need to consider.

Posters..... are you aware of Kemmeter doing revisions? I thought he did.
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Elizabeth N.
on 8/3/11 2:25 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, he's "officially" doing revisions now :-). I believe he has a cash pay program now as well.

Recent Topics