Need some Physician advice

AundreaSmith
on 8/2/11 5:07 am, edited 8/2/11 5:07 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12

I have my first appointment with my WLS surgeon (Dr. Foote) on August 25th.  I am really leaning towards the DS for my surgery and Dr. Foote's name does NOT show up on the dsfacts website, however one of his partners Dr. Kemmeter does.

Both surgeons do the DS, however, Dr. Kemmeter seems to do more of the DS surgeries where Dr. Foote does more RNY. 

The sole reason that I choose Dr. Foote from the group is that he assisted another surgeon when I got my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago.  He was much more experienced and had some techniques to help my surgeon, both because of my weight and a very, very infected gallbladder.  My surgeon said it was the "ugliest organ I've ever seen."  LMAO

What would you do?  Both have stellar, STELLAR reputations.  Should I just go with the surgeon who's done the procedure more, just based on his experience with the procedure itself?

I don't have a problem with rescheduling my appointment if need be, I just wanted your opinion.

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 6:09 am - San Jose, CA
They most certainly do NOT have stellar reputations where the DS is concerned.  Kemmeter is the ONLY one to consider. Search this board (using Yahoo advanced search) to find discussions regarding both of them.
AundreaSmith
on 8/2/11 12:02 pm - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
I think you are right.  I know both physician's are very good doctors, but Kemmeter has done the procedure a LOT more than Foote.  My gut was telling me to switch to Kemmeter, I just needed the extra push to change.

I will give them a call tomorrow and change that appoinment.  Unfortunately, it may set me back a few weeks, but I'd rather have the right physician do the surgery. 

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Recent Topics