Pi***d off & disheartened (Whiny)

beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 1:52 am - AL
I've been working on losing my regain for a couple of months.  It didn't come off the way I expected it to.  I had also "heard" that all I would need to do was get back to "basics" and the weight would come right off.  Okay..that didn't happen.

BUT in two months I HAVE lost from 147-149 down to 144-145.  I'm coutning that as success and I am STICKING with my program.

I told myself that I would give the "back to basics" plan two months and then I would reassess.  I've reassessed and have decided that I will TAKE a lb or 2 loss a month and I will consider that a success.

Today the scale said 144.5  I'm shooting to lose 1 lb by my birthday (Sept 7) when I will be going to the beach.

Don't give up!!!!!! 

~Becky

yorkieGal
on 8/1/11 5:18 am - Clermont, FL
I Know you're right Becky, but I was just fed up this morning!! Got my whiny butt to the gym in the end anyway and have kept up my low carb so didnt go off the rails!!

Hugs,

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 5:39 am - AL
Good for you Yourkie!!! Woot!!!

~Becky

PattyL
on 8/1/11 2:47 am
 It helps to think of it as percentage of body weight.  A couple pounds for someone of normal weight is a much higher percentage than those same pounds off a 400lb person.  Yet it is equivalent.
KarenFlorida
on 8/1/11 3:11 am - Orlando, FL
Does this mean a Starbucks trip is out of the question?? LOL, just kidding! I agree with the others, it's tough to lose a couple of pounds when it's a smaller %age of your overall weight. Hang in there!

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

yorkieGal
on 8/1/11 5:01 am - Clermont, FL
Absolutely Not!! I gave up the breve lattes and now have an americano with heavy cream (less carbs) but my Starbucks is one thing I REFUSE to give up completely!! Just let me know when you  ill meet ya there sweetie!!

HUgs, Hope you're doing ok btw
Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

butercup
on 8/1/11 4:43 am - Kennewick, WA
Ah, skinny girl problems.

You'll get there. It is coming off, just slowly and painfully which sucks. I know you can do it girl!
kirmy
on 8/2/11 2:29 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Wellllllll I'm only 18m months out so but I find chilling out, not giving a **** and just letting your body work it out in its own time works.  I stalled for about 5 months thinking I'd reached my optimal weight and now suddenly I'm off losing again which isn't actually what I want.  I regained the same 4lbs again and again and just kept working out looking at buliding muscle mass and it worked. I'm now 156lbs and getting some seriously fabby pecs and lats going and can fit into size 8 US clothes (so is size 12 UK size 8 USA????). 

I say relax....get the scale and make it go away and only get on it once every month. You are really lovley no matter what.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
yorkieGal
on 8/2/11 3:24 am - Clermont, FL
Cheers hon,

I know you are right...I was just so disheartened yesterday.
I gotta just keep on keeping on I guess!!lol

But thanks for the encouragement hon!

Yorkie xx

Recent Topics