HOLY CRAP!! This is why we list "vetted" surgeon(s), especially for MX!!

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/31/11 10:08 am
That might have something to do with bad reviews vs. potentially damaging reviews. It's hard to tell who had bad experience, or who is exaggerating and saying inlamatory things that border on libel. OH might be deleing the extreme sounding ones to protect their asses.

An example would be: 

"I did not have a good experience using so and so as my surgeon.  I had numerous complications immediately following the operation, and he/she was reluctant to listen to my complaints of pain."

vs

"I was butchered by Dr. so and so! IF you want to live another day, stay as far from this a-hole! I  almost died!"

Hey Dianna, you wouldn't happen to know if OH has any legal liability of the doc reviews people post?

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

goodkel
on 7/31/11 5:06 pm
On July 31, 2011 at 3:19 PM Pacific Time, eloisie wrote:
I don't understand how there can be good reviews of these clowns. I just looked at Barker's and Almanza's patient reviews and there are so many good ones. What gives?
The owner of OH, Eric Klein, removes bad reviews of his advertisers. At their request or just out of hand, I don't know.

But, we have said for years to NOT trust the OH surgeons list.

And we have no idea how many of those reviews were written by paid trolls..

This is why our own vetted list on DSFacts.com is SO important.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

girlygirl1313
on 7/31/11 11:17 pm, edited 7/31/11 11:18 pm - Davidson, NC
 Goodkel is right!

Last night I couldn't sleep and I pulled out my Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies book, for old times sake.  The book warns repeatedly that OH removes bad reviews from surgeon profiles.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 5:33 am - Burlington County, NJ
I suspect, at least in Almanza's case, that many of those glowing reviews are fake. There's something about the tone, and often the similarity, that makes my plagiarism/fakeness alarms go off.

With Barker, I think he makes a dazzling show of himself and that accounts for glowing reviews. He's a hunk, he drives a fancy car and he's on billboards all over the place. How can he NOT impress? Oh, and he's a MOVIE PRODUCER. Oh boy oh boy!

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 7:21 am
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 7:35 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yup. It's unfortunate that this is the best place to connect regarding WLS. I suppose more people could follow MsPeepeePants' example and be all proud of abandoning this place for Facebook. But to me, running away is contrary to the pay it forward notion.

It's important to remember that EVERYTHING on this site is geared toward the bottom line. It is NOT a volunteer place. We are bringers of hits and potential customers for the advertisers, no more, no less.

Ditto for OH conventions. You're not going to find me supporting that stuff with a single dime. Not to mention that they virtually never so much as acknowledge the existence of the DS in their "programs."

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 7:50 am
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 10:03 am
 This gal also has a post from 1 day ago here on the DS forum, she is asking what is going on because she has not lost any weight yet.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4432103/post-op-1-week-and-no- weight-loss/
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/31/11 10:11 am
Well, if she didn't end up with a DS and isn't malaborbing, that might have something to do with it.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

honeybadger 11
on 7/31/11 10:33 am - FL

Basically what she is saying is the her life was worth $7000. That he is charging $13,000+ less than anyone else wouldve been a big red light for me! I REALLY dont know what people think when they do stuff like this to themselves! I wouldve ran out of that "clinica" like my ass was on fire!

I hope she has a good outcome but think that she is in for a lot more money and dr bills and probably didnt even end up with the surgery she "researched" so much:(

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Recent Topics