Dr Stewart - how is his follow up care

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 11:17 pm
That's funny, she's never said anything like that to me. Ever.
beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 2:56 am - AL
I don't see that it makes a difference.  Most surgeon's have inadequate follow up care.  You already know what you need to be doing since you are 11 years out, right?

He's a good cutter.  That is what matters I would think.

~Becky

newyorkbitch
on 8/1/11 4:37 am
Of course being a good surgeon is what matters most.  I"m just cautioning someone that as far as post-op needs are concerned,  not to trust one surgeon without doing the research to know what it takes to understand post-op needs.
beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 4:40 am - AL
Gotcha. 

~Becky~

pycca
on 8/1/11 3:04 am, edited 8/1/11 3:06 am - Haslet, TX
He is pretty consistent on follow up care,, I can call and leave a message with Sue and she will return calls quickly.Though with the new office personal now, it is a bit more aloft,,,they are learning Dr Stewart's
ways too! LOL

Yes L was sent on to other pastures along with the office turn over Vites and supps are from Bariatric Advantage or they do carry Champion Whey.

He does offer shots of D and A now,  They still are not into the mega dosing as VItalady is, but they are getting there.. It was Sue that convinced him that they needed to increase the D,, She thinks the amounts and prices are good,, but has an issue that it is  a "supply warehouse" not run by a physician..LOL  They do believe in checking labs and changing vites as needed,,  he prefers mid to high range on labs

Several of us went in and had discussions and set up alot of the meal ideas, for different stages. Totally change it for DS, as" L"  had it ALL as RNY diet.. So yes Sue is very understanding and gets the DS.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 3:41 am - Burlington County, NJ
I am very glad to hear of a NUT who is educable about the DS. Pity a certain other NUT won't accept mentoring and stay within her appropriate limits.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/1/11 7:43 am, edited 8/1/11 2:00 pm
When I was there in December they had a new Nutritionist who they were coaching and grooming about the DS. They were very good about educating her on what a DSer really needs, she was right on: stressed all the vites and explained why, high fat and high protein, avoid carbs, veggies and low glycemic carbs only if you have room after your protiein, etc, etc. Just about all the research I'd done on my own and what is the tried and true nutritional info on these boards were a match with what she was saying.

Edit: Sue is their NP, they also have NUT on staff who seems very good.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Poodles
on 8/1/11 8:29 am - TX
I love Sue to death, but she does not understand why people would follow the Vitalady plan over theirs because of the volume of vitamins.  But, she said you can't argue with results because my labs were good. 

Their aftercare is good.  They are still learning and researching and changing just like we do.  But at least they are willing to change when they need too.

I like their aftercare, but recommend you follow vitalady's vitamin schedule.
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 10:13 am
AMEN!
hopingintx
on 8/1/11 11:15 am

What Pycca and Poodles said.  I love Sue.  She has never seemed anti-Vitalady to me.  I tell them where I get my vites and no one makes a comment.  She even goes to the DS get togethers along with her husband.
Nancy            
Recent Topics