Dr Stewart - how is his follow up care

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:11 pm
I don't have the list of labs but maybe someone else can post them.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/1/11 12:54 pm, edited 8/1/11 1:07 pm
On August 1, 2011 at 2:06 PM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote: Good for you for dispelling rumors.  Why don't you post his entire vitamin regimin so we can determine for ourselves if it is adequate as a starting out point?  I don't think I've ever seen it.  Also can you post what labs he runs at 3,6,9 and 12 months?

~Becky

First, I want to make it clear to you that Dr. Stewarts instructions vary per individual depending on their particular health and vitamin needs, so when you say "determine for ourselves if it is adequate as a starting out point" already seems like a criticism ahead of the information being given. I just hope that someone else's nutritional plans (which happen to work well for them and keep their labs in good shape), are not going to be unfairly criticized because it may not be the same nutrition regimen that works for someone else. I wouldn't expect a vites dosage intended for someone else to work for me.

Sunday has posted the basics.

Also in case some are curious, Dr. Stewart does not require that you take his multi-vitamin, and if you have one that you prefer to take instead that's fine, he just adjusts the supplimentation instructions accordingly. Personally I haven't found a better multi than his, so I have chosen to use it.

Tests are the same no matter which interval:
cbc
cmp
iron
tibc
b-12
25-oh vitamin D
PTH (intact) and without CA+
Prothrombin time
Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Zinc
Lipid Profile
Transferrin

Also, to add on to Sunday's info, we are instructed not to use calcium carbonate calcium suppliments since it isn't well absorbed. We are told to use calcium citrate instead.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 1:18 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Please don't feel obligated to feed Becky's neurosis. She thinks anyone who doesn't post every single detail of every single vitamin and lab test in their lives here is going to die of malnutrition. She's ******g nuts in lots of other ways too.

I've not bothered to speak out about this previously because it's an invitation for her to go ballistic in a way that splatters vast reaches of cyberspace. She is wayyyy out of line by demanding that people post what they eat, their supplements and their lab results in the way she does. SOME of us already know how to read and interpret lab tests and do not need her input. Nothing you say is going to satisfy her, so I suggest that you don't bother.

MarciRenee
on 8/1/11 3:02 pm - IA
On August 1, 2011 at 8:18 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
Please don't feel obligated to feed Becky's neurosis. She thinks anyone who doesn't post every single detail of every single vitamin and lab test in their lives here is going to die of malnutrition. She's ******g nuts in lots of other ways too.

I've not bothered to speak out about this previously because it's an invitation for her to go ballistic in a way that splatters vast reaches of cyberspace. She is wayyyy out of line by demanding that people post what they eat, their supplements and their lab results in the way she does. SOME of us already know how to read and interpret lab tests and do not need her input. Nothing you say is going to satisfy her, so I suggest that you don't bother.

Marci       
Nicolle
on 8/2/11 1:47 am
I agree. That's why Becky blocked me. I told her she does not need to see everyone's labs. Especially if the people in question are not complaining about nutritional issues/asking for nutritional advice, etc. She thinks we should all post our labs in full.  Call me a commie if you must, but I think people have a right to keep their medical records private.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/2/11 1:54 am
Did you mean Libertarian instead of Commie?
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

MarciRenee
on 8/1/11 2:57 pm - IA
Why do you think she or even Dr. Stewart should answer to YOU?  Or anyone else for that matter?
Marci       
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 11:46 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Because she is THE guardian of DS sanctity, of course.

I must be doomed to die of malnutrition because I don't post on the bites and vites threads or spread the results of every set of lab tests all over the forum for her to gawk at.

(More power to anyone who wants to participate in that way and I hope it's helpful for you. It isn't for me.)

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 10:10 am
Thank you for this response.  You said it much nicer than I was going to!
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 10:09 am
I'm not really sure what Sue has said or done to make you think that she's "anti VitaLady".  She supports me not taking their vites, as long as my labs look good.
Recent Topics