Dr Stewart - how is his follow up care

beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 2:58 am - AL
I hope you will help educate the new Stewart patients about the need for better supplementation than his mutli with extra ADEK.

~Becky

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/1/11 6:53 am, edited 8/1/11 6:54 am
I would like to dispel that rumor right now.

Actually, he does instruct patients to take other suppliments in addtion to his multi- this instruction on adding suppliments in addtion to the multi was reitierated by Sue and his nutritionist when I was there, and it is aslo in the binder full off nutrition info/eating instuctions that he gives out to everyone he treats. The multi is just a better, beefier multi meant to be more nutritionally helpful for the DS patient. It is not a replacement for all vites.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 7:06 am - AL
Good for you for dispelling rumors.  Why don't you post his entire vitamin regimin so we can determine for ourselves if it is adequate as a starting out point?  I don't think I've ever seen it.  Also can you post what labs he runs at 3,6,9 and 12 months?

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:04 pm
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:09 pm
The multi is to be taken twice a day, this is the amount per 1 tablet
A 10,000IU
C 60mg
D3 2500IU
E 300IU
K 75 mcg
B1 15mg
B2 20mg
Niacin 25mg
B6 20mg
Folate 400mcg
B12 500mcg
Biotin 500mcg
Pantothenic acid 10mg
Calcium 50 mg
Iron fumarate 25mg
Magnesium 40mg
Zinc 25mg
Selenium 100mcg
Copper 2mg
Manganese 1mg
Chromium 50mcg
Molybdenum 50mcg
Potassium 100mcg
Phosphorus 20mcg
Choline 2mg
Flavanoids 5mg
Inositol 2mg

On top of that

A 25,000IU a day
D 50,000 IU a day
Calcium with D, I do not have my bottle but it is approximately 500mg of under the Bariatric Best name.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 1:14 pm - Burlington County, NJ
That's not a bad basic multi. What source is the vitamin A?

We pretty much all have to supplement a bunch of specific stuff, so as long as everyone understands that his multi is nothing different from a Centrum in that it is a basic starting point, I am pleased with that.

I also hope that people comprehend that his D injection is nothing more than a slight support to D needs and NOT a replacement for daily doses of cholecalciferol.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/1/11 1:23 pm
Yep, as far as I was told you need to keep taking your D even with the injection.

Sadly the multi bottle just reads "vitamin A", wish I had more info for ya on that. 
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 1:46 pm - Burlington County, NJ
That's poor labeling. Maybe you could mention to them when they reorder to make sure that they have their labels done up so they list the sources of the nutrients (like vitamin A as x% beta carotene and y% palmitate--which is common).

Glad to hear they are saying that about the D. I've communicated with a couple gals in a certain NUT's FB group who firmly believed that the D shot fixed everything. They were not terribly amenable to believing otherwise, especially in the climate of all the misinformation that was flying around their ears in that group.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 2:42 pm
Sue is now telling patients that the vitamin D shot is a once a year thing OR you can take the pill everyday. They are saying that the shot replaces the pill.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 2:54 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Oh crap. That is SUCH bull****

Recent Topics