A bit frustrated!

Julie B.
on 7/31/11 2:36 am - OH
So, I originally started out with wanting to get a sleeve. Fast foward a few weeks, more research, had approval for the sleeve in hand and the scheduler calling me for a date.

Ahhhh! Decided DS was the one for me, withdrew my approval and switched surgeons to Dr. Maguire. Well, now here I am, few more weeks later, redoing everything! Well not everything! I just have to get my records transfered over to Dr. Maguire's. (let me just say i sent it two weeks ago, refaxed the request last week and who knows if they have sent the stuff already). They have my psych eval etc. My casemanager with the insurance also has all my info but , of course, Dr. M needs it too!

I feel frustrated and feel like I'm spinning in place. My next appointment with Dr. M is the Aug. 11th. Time is just not moving fast enough. I so wish I had started off with the DS.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 3:49 am - Beverly, NJ

It may take a little longer but when all is said and done you made the best decision you could for your health.  Could you imagine if you didn't find out about the DS until you were post op?

You'll get there and you have us to ***** too until you do.  :)

gak
on 7/31/11 6:09 am
Revision on 06/21/13
With switching docs and procedures, GREAT decision, I must add ! yes, y ou might be frustrated, but the wait will be worth it. They are busy. If you have a time frame you REALLY need to try to stick in, them call them and talk to them... probably Jennifer in insurance is best to speak with about this. I had a tight time frame with my revision and they made it work.  You will be please in the end.. Hang in there ! 

Do find out what they are missing and help them get if there is something missing.. it will speed things along. I find sweet patience, with persistence is helpful.   Aug 11th is just 10 days away, and that is pretty darn good, I have known people to wait a lot longer. Once you get there, you can request the NEXT opening as well for surgery. Once the process is complete, it will not take long. You will be on the losers bench before you know it.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Recent Topics