Typical hospital Stay for Open DS?

kahlana
on 7/31/11 12:32 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Has anyone else had the open DS procedure and if so how long was your hospital stay if you had no complications from the surgery? Am trying to plan ahead (yes I know I'm not even scheduled yet but I do better if I have a plan) for as much as I can.

My Blog My Facebook

sammy13642
on 7/31/11 12:39 am - Gouverneur, NY
I started out lap turned into open, spent 2 nights and was released on the third day. They gave me some happy pills about a hour before I left for the 2 hour ride home, the ride wasn't that bad :-) still had a pillow to put between me and the seat belt for the trip.

John

Pain is temporary, the journey is for Life!!!       
kahlana
on 7/31/11 1:08 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
John I just live across the street from the hospital so hopefully I wont need happy pills for the ride home lol. But I hope they give me happy pills for getting up the three flights of stairs to my apartment lol.

My Blog My Facebook

nightowl
on 7/31/11 8:41 am - Topeka, KS
Sorry to go off topic: Just acorss the street!?  You beat me!  I thought I was special in that I live only ~ 3 blocks from the hospital where I had my DS, and I thought I might be the closest of anyone I knew of on here.  If everything works out for you, I will have to hand over the crown.
a_new_mii
on 7/31/11 12:55 am - AZ
 I had Open DS and could have gone home on day three also, however they wouldn't let me leave until I passed gas, so I had to stay another night.
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

kahlana
on 7/31/11 1:11 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
mii, I had read that as well. know of anything I can drink that will help with that? lol j/k I read that even drinking water the first few days is hard so I don't imagine I will be hunting down some milk to get things going in that direction right off the bat.

My Blog My Facebook

Elizabeth N.
on 7/31/11 1:16 am - Burlington County, NJ
I was in for three nights, two of those in ICU. Was discharged afternoon of day four.

AllieInOntario
on 7/31/11 1:22 am
Maybe it's just me but... if they offer you happy pills... GET THEM :)  You can always use the for period pain in the months to come, while your stomach heals. :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

teachmid
on 7/31/11 1:24 am - OKC, OK
4 days
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Emily F.
on 7/31/11 1:47 am
I was self pay so the package was for 4 days, he said I was great after 3 but I paid for it so I wanted to stay and have the IV.
Recent Topics