I was hunhed over and i either pulled a stitch or something??

Twi light
on 7/30/11 8:52 am - NY
I know no one is a medical doctor and i need to call the surgeon- i am waiting for a response, but in the meantime what do you guys think happend.

The incision to the left of my bellybutton internally always felt the worst, i would have pain if i strained my stomach there and it is also the most indented incision.

Well i was hunched over and i felt it pull inside and then hurt a lot and then it subsided but ia m definatly more aware of it now. Do you guys think i pulled the internal stitches? wouldnt they have dissolved by now? 

I know what to watch out for in case it is internal bleeding.  I feel okay overall but that area kind of feels a bit sore, burny inside, it is still okay to touch, it doesnt feel any more sore to touch.

AllieInOntario
on 7/30/11 8:59 am
Yep, 4th night out, I was home, and managed to roll on my stomach.  I got stuck like that.  Husband tried to pull my legs to flip me over - not good LOL.

The one where the stomach comes out - HURT like I had been stabbed and burned.  Felt bad for about a half day - then tight for about 3 or 4 more days.  

Everything is all healed up correctly.  Just GO SLOWLY when you move for a while.  Your body isn't happy with you right now. )
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Twi light
on 7/30/11 9:02 am - NY
Did you like "feel" the stitches sort of pull that moment. I swear that is what it felt like for a split second, like they came undone or something, i hope what i am saying makes sense.

GAH that is what i get for cleaning the stupid house.

newyorkbitch
on 7/30/11 10:43 am
You're 2.5 weeks out.  Take it easy.  No strenuous physical activity for 6 weeks. 
AllieInOntario
on 7/30/11 10:46 pm
Step away from the domestic necessities!!!

I only vacuumed my house at 5 weeks out.  (Ok, I lifted my guitar case at 3 weeks out - duh - not smart of me to do that).

And yeah I was sure that I had popped the biggest hernia/stitch mess going.  Do speak with your doc.  That said,... ya have to remember what it felt like the first time they got you out of bed after surg.  The "ripping" feeling was pretty much the same.  Felt like I was popping every stitch I had, inside and out.    Baby your body for a while, you've got the rest of your lifetime to worry about dustbunnies and dishes in the sink :)

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

zuzupetals2u2
on 7/30/11 12:49 pm - Sedona, AZ
I was careful not to lift a thing or do anything strenuous after hearing about so many hernias here from doing it. Innever had any sensation of any stitches or any soreness whatsoever from my laproscopic incisions.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Recent Topics