exercise help please

kymma29
on 7/30/11 7:55 am - willow park, TX
I am almost 2yrs out from DS surgery.  I have lost a total of 120 lbs, but would like to lose another 25-30 lbs to be a t my goal weight of 130lbs.  I dont exercise but I know I should.  I have bought the Rumba DVD's.

My question is do I need to up my protein intake if I start exercising?

Another question:  I am a nurse and I work 12 hr nights.  I tend to carb out alot and really crave the sweets!  what have you found that is a good source of protein, easy to eat on the run (usually e are not able to sit and relax and have lunch at night, take a minute and run)?

I can't do protein shakes they make me sick.  I can do the Iospure and the protein bullets.

thank you so much for your help.

kymma

Switched 9-21-09.  Ready to start my new life.  Praise God!
HW 274/CW178/GW140   

MajorMom
on 7/30/11 8:19 am - VA
I admire you nurses that work those long shifts. Thank you. I guess if I couldn't do shakes I'd do the Isopure and protein shots. The carbs are likely what's keeping you from goal not exercise. Some things you might want to keep on hand would be cheese sticks or BabyBel cheeses, jerky, cans or packets of tuna or chicken salad (foil packages), SF pudding, nuts (but don't go crazy), plain Greek yogurt that you've blended yourself with Splenda and fruit...

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

newyorkbitch
on 7/30/11 11:12 am
If you want to lose more weight,  you will have to cut the carbs.
had_enuf
on 7/30/11 2:55 pm - East Bay, CA
 Kymma,
Since you crave sweets, have you tried protein bars? My favorite has sugar alcohol, but that doesn't cause me any problem if I only eat 1 or 2 bars per day. They are called Pure Protein. My personal favorite flavor so far is the Chocolate Deluxe. You can find single snack size bars in this and 2 or 3 other flavors at your local Target or Walmart if you want to taste before you invest heavily. If you want a box with 18 snack size bars in that flavor plus Chocolate Chip plus Chocolate Peanut Butter, and you're a Costco member, they are the cheapest there. I'm now buying just my favorite flavor, and I buy the larger size bar, I like the deal at Netrition.com with their flat rate shipping under $5. It's also a great site for Torani/Da Vinci Sugar Free syrups, all for the same flat rate shipping.

www6.netrition.com/pure_protein_bars_page.html

They don't post the nutritional values on the larger bars for some unknown reason, but you can find it here www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/query.jsp

Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

Recent Topics