Having revision RNY to DS

Renfairewench
on 7/30/11 1:27 pm
YOu should make sure you know exactly what he is going to do before he does it. It sounds to me like he's doing what is akin to an Enry. I would never have an operation with out specifally know exactly what is going to happen. May I suggest that you speak to some of the people on the DS board.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Suzanne H.
on 7/30/11 11:47 pm - Warminster, PA
Thanks for the advice.  I am comfortable with my decision on every aspect. He did use the technical terms and also the laymans terms.  It is much easier for me use and understand the latter. There is nothing anyone could say that would change my mind other than the Dr. Greenbaum.  He is confident he will be able to help me achieve success. He will be speaking about the new procedure and others in his discussion group in Sept.  You will not find much about it since he is the 1st to do it and is just publishing the journals.  What I do know if I went with the full DS conversion, it would be a 5 hour operation and have the possibility of leaks.  With him only converting the bottom half of me to DS, it is an hour and half operation and no chance of leaks.  Full DS would give me "A" results, having the bottom half done "A minus" results.  To me it was a no brainer as to which one to choose.  As a matter of fact he may not ever do it the first way ever again.  I guess my biggest curiosity is I wanted to know how much people who have had DS got to goal and the timeframe.  I want a realalistic idea in my head.  Any advice on what not to do or what I should do after the operation is what I am looking for. 
Renfairewench
on 7/31/11 12:41 pm
Sounds an awful lot like an eRny. I have an appt. to see him so I will chat with him about this new thing he is doing.

As for my weight loss, well I am not really a good gauge to go by since I spent 3 months on enteral feeding and then 9 months on TPN. Most of my weight loss occured during the months I was not eating. I think had I not been on TPN I probably would have reached my goal in less than a year. Actually, I'm not at my goal or even at Dr. G's goal (140).  I'm soon going to be working hard to change that.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Suzanne H.
on 7/31/11 11:51 pm - Warminster, PA
well I am glad you are doing so well now.  Keep up the good work.  I appreciate your input.
Recent Topics