Feraheme Iron anyone?

Petunia
on 7/29/11 12:45 pm
Today I had my first Feraheme iron infusion (IV injection).  Has anyone had this kind of iron and if so has it helped?  Next week I go for my second injection.  My ferritin has been at 4 for a couple years.  If this doesn't work, what iron does work for us?

Thanks,
Ruby 
stormy918
on 7/29/11 9:16 pm
I hope to get my first IV injection next week. Ferratin dropped from 9 in March to 6 this week. Hemo and nurses say its easy...how did yours go? Also, how long did they say it should be before you can tell the difference in how you feel?

Darlene    DS ..9-19-06
OFFICIAL ANGEL
Kryst.......6-27-07
KellyKirk........8-6-07  now our DS FOREVER ANGEL....I will always remember
BettyBoop.....2-26-08
Jewel506...5-26-10
Ragamuffin...9-29-10
185# gone forever

Petunia
on 7/29/11 9:39 pm
 Stormy, are you also getting the Feraheme iron?  I had no problems with it, they put in an IV then inject the iron slowly.  Took 3 minutes for the iron then I had to wait an hour for the rest of the IV and to monitor for any reactions.  Next week I go for a second one.  Didn't have any side effects from it last night.

I have no symtoms of low iron, like tiredness that I'm aware of so how long I would feel better was never brought up.  I'm just mildly anemic but with this low Ferritin.  Hemo doctor doesn't seem concerned about it but my surgeon is.  If this doesn't work, I'll be looking for another doctor for another infusion that works better for us.  This guy is pretty conservative and cautious. 

Good luck with yours and let us know how it went.  I'll be interested in knowing what kind you will be getting.  

Ruby
Recent Topics