Revision

dana712
on 7/29/11 12:15 pm
Hi all

I am finaaly home in NYC from my RNY to DS revision with Dr.K.
What a ride it has been. My surgery was July 20 and I am down 10 lbs.
I have to say Dr. k. is an amazing man, and surgeon. I want to thank you all !!!!

Dana

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 12:33 pm
 Congratulations Dana!
It's a heck of a ride, and yours has just started too!
It'll get even better, you'll see.
sandy_mt
on 7/29/11 12:42 pm
 Congratulations Dana!  I just had the same revision on 07/11/2011.  Looking forward to hearing about your progress!!

Sandy

teachmid
on 7/29/11 1:08 pm - OKC, OK
Congratulations, Dana and welcome home. I'm glad all went well. Dr. K is amazing!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

dana712
on 7/29/11 1:13 pm
Hi Gail

he is amazing. I just have this feeding tube still in me. I can not really drink the protein shakes so I put it through the tube. Can you recommend a protein shake?

dana
teachmid
on 7/30/11 1:36 am - OKC, OK
Dana,
Focus on water and fluids at this point. I think I was pushing EAS throughout the feeding tube for the first 2 weeks. Oh, and I'm 7+ months put and I still can't eat chicken,

I didn't really start with drinking protein shakes until about a month out. I use Lori's recipe: 2 s coops champion stack chocolate, 2 squirts Starbuck's SF Carmel syrup, 2 packs splenda , big dose of heavy cream and cold coffee. I LOVE IT!!!

Right now I'm also drinking. Michele's ((Vitalady) 1 scoop chocolate, 1 scoop vanilla cinnamon, 1/3 c heavy cream, 1/3 c water and hot coffee. My family agrees that it tastes great.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 1:21 pm
I was wondering how you were doing. I'm glad to hear everything went well.

dana712
on 7/29/11 1:38 pm
HI yehuda

I am doing fine. Just having trouble eating. I take two bites of chicken and i am full. Protein shakes I put through the tube.

Dana
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 2:35 pm
On July 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM Pacific Time, dana712 wrote:
HI yehuda

I am doing fine. Just having trouble eating. I take two bites of chicken and i am full. Protein shakes I put through the tube.

Dana
Well you have a lot of restriction now, so make sure to pace yourself and don't push your restriction. Eating will get easier over time.
trxxyy
on 7/29/11 2:56 pm - Orange County, CA
Dana,

I am so happy to hear that your revision was a success. Dr. K is the best, isn't he? Keep us posted on your recovery and progress. 

I know you asked Gail about protein shakes so I will give my two cents.  I pretty much use Champion Whey chocolate.  I mainly drink it in an iced protein coffee with some heavy cream and almond extract, it is really yummy.  I also don't mind it as a shake and have used it to make the protein cake.  I have ordered some Banana Scream Champion Whey and it is at my mother-in-laws house waiting for me to try it out. I will let you know how that tastes but it came highly recommended by Dial_M (Michelle).

-shelly
Recent Topics