Carb Monster!!!!

a_new_mii
on 7/30/11 1:48 am - AZ
 Shelly,
It's good to hear from another decorator.  When I made the butter cream,  i tried putting a TINY bit in my mouth, Swished it around to get the full flavor (all over the tongue) then spit it out.  It was too late.  Apparently all i have to do is taste the sugary goodness and it awakens my CARB DEMON!! I did manage to fight it off yesterday, but it was a HARD battle ALL day.  We'll see if it's effects are still hanging around today.  It usually takes a FEW days to flush out the sugar carb "toxin"   Like you I don't have the problem with fondant, as I don't like it either,  I love the way it looks though, so I use it a lot. My issue comes from the butter cream and different fillings I make and use.  I hope that I am able to concur this Demon, as I LOVE doing cake.  I have a wedding cake coming very soon.  We'll see how this plays out.  

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

orangecrushed
on 7/30/11 2:05 am - Triad, NC
I hope you find a way to exorcise that demon!  It is also something I am worried about, as I love to bake (but hate to cook... weird, eh?)... I'd hate to see my beloved mixer just sitting there collecting dust post-op.

I'd take the others advice, certainly don't go into it hungry.  However, I don't really have a good idea on how to get around tasting it.  Even if you ask someone else to taste it for you, you're not going to trust their opinion 100%.  You know what's perfection and what isn't!

All I can say is that I definitely hope this wouldn't interfere with your passion.  I'm sure that over time it'll get easier... but these first few cakes are gonna be a doozy!

Good luck!
Nic
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join me here: weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

Mommy2006
on 7/30/11 11:42 am, edited 7/30/11 11:42 am
I bake. A lot.
Not a week goes by that someone isn't asking me for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies, O'Henry Bars, Texas Brownies, something like that.
I taste it all and send it on the way.
I find it 10x better than BEFORE I had my DS. Before, I ate a LOT of the stuff I baked. Now? I'm happy with a piece, sometimes 2 pieces, sometimes 1/2 a piece and sometimes just a bite...then I send it on its way to the various recipients.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/31/11 7:57 am
 Of course we all are a bit different, but I know that for me, now a taste, or reasonable amount suffices. I don't need to eat much of it to feel sated. 

I think it's OK to sample, or have some. I don't have the need to go overboard any more.

mariposantos
on 7/31/11 9:54 am - Raleigh, NC
I agree with the idea of filling up on protein first so at least you aren't hungry going in to it.

One thing to keep in mind - sugar is absorbed in the mouth so the frosting and stuff that goes into your mouth - still absorbed!

Pamela
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."  ~  Henry Ford  ~

Recent Topics