Egg drop soup

Mannyb23
on 7/29/11 1:00 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I am sure someone may have posted this before but I cannot find it so could someone give me the recipe for egg drop soup? Please incude any other recipes that you want to share
zuzupetals2u2
on 7/29/11 1:38 pm - Sedona, AZ
I looked under the OH search and found this: hope it's what you are lookng for:

www.obesityhelp.com/member/anastasia/

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

zuzupetals2u2
on 7/29/11 1:40 pm - Sedona, AZ
nope I should ahve read it first . .am still looking for you!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

zuzupetals2u2
on 7/29/11 1:43 pm - Sedona, AZ
ok I found this

Bring 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth with a splash of low-sodium soy sauce to a rolling boil. While that is heating up, beat 1 egg in a separate bowl. Once boiling, "drop" splashes of the beaten egg into the broth. It "flowers" on its own - the key is making sure the broth is really boiling well. :)

Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 1:58 pm
I say screw making it yourself!  Go to your favorite chinese restaurant, and buy some to take home.  It never tastes the same when I try to make my favorites at home.
Twi light
on 7/29/11 2:04 pm - NY
This is a good recipe, i removed the "thickening with cornstarch" part of this recipe. I would add the green onions whole for flavor in the broth, but then discard them b4 eating and prior to adding the egg, i would just boil the broth with the green onion in it to add flavor.

4 cups chicken broth
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sherry
2 small green onions
1 large egg
1 tbsp water

1. In a large pot combine the chicken broth, white pepper, ground ginger, garlic powder, and sherry. Set this mixture aside.

2. Rinse the green onion stalks under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Then cut off the ends and about ½ inch from the green tops and discard. Cut the remaining stalks into tiny pieces and set them aside.

1. In another large cup, add the egg and beat it with a fork. Then add the water and beat it in with the egg until it’s thoroughly mixed together.

2. Heat the soup mixture on high and bring it to a boil.

1. Turn off the heat and give the egg mixture a quick stir with a fork. Then while stirring the soup, slowly add the egg mixture by drizzling a thin stream into the pot.

2. Then place it into bowls to serve and top with the green onions.

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 2:57 pm - San Jose, CA
There's a mix I buy that is very tasty - my husband makes me this soup when I'm not feeling well.  He uses two jumbo eggs instead of one, and the trick is to whip the eggs up well, and then when soup boils, turn off the heat, stir the soup and pour the egg in really slowly, in a thin stream.  There are several flavors (I like this one best):

They sell them in my grocery store, but I also found them online, including some flavors I've never seen: http://www.soupsonline.com/m-72-kikkoman.aspx?gclid=CNjT5vyc qKoCFQQ3gwodBTY8Xg
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 3:49 pm - Beverly, NJ
The mix D posed above looks good but I always screw it up when I try to make it following any of the recipes.  The favorite way I make it is by calling the Chinese place up the street.  It's only 2 bucks for a small.  Plus they know me so well because I get it so much that they'll deliver it even if it doesnt hit their minimum for delivery.  They also know not to include the crackers even without me telling them not too.  The cook has let me watch him make it and I still couldn't learn.  
Recent Topics