i think i eat too much. today is day 17 post op

nightowl
on 7/31/11 7:41 am - Topeka, KS
That's interesting you found diiferent protein on your salmon.  The one I am going by in my freezer now is also wild Alaskan, and only has 16 grams protein for a 4 ounce serving.

In any case, you are way ahead of where I was at your stage.  I don't think I counted mine for the first few months, but I think I was behind the curve & slower than the average DSer.
nightowl
on 7/31/11 4:30 pm - Topeka, KS
Hmmmm. Now I'm perplexed.  I went to get the frozen salmon from my freezer, and I don't understand the back of the label.  It says "Pure & Natural Wild Pacific Salmon."  At the bottom it says
"Wild Caught
Harvested in Alaska
Product of China
Processed for U.S.A.

Packed exclusively for:
Aqua Star
2025 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121  U.S.A."

I will start a separate thread to ask about this.
AllieInOntario
on 7/30/11 10:17 pm
Something I'm noticing myself at almost 6 weeks out.  My stomach feels happier when I eat little bits every 2 hours or so.  I've been lucky in the recover dept, no real nausea to speak of, (other than the last few days with my monthly and taking tylenol to deal with cramps.)

The tylenol isn't making my gut happy - BUT if I take a zantac with it AND a spoon or two of food or a couple of raspberries - I can forget about my stomach like I have been since week one.

Some of us, I guess are destined to be nibblers.  I can live with that :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

goodkel
on 7/31/11 5:30 pm
YOU can't eat too much protein.

So, as long as that is what you are eating, don't worry about it.

Eat until you are no longer hungry. Again and again, every two hours, if needed.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Recent Topics