Weight bounce back

lookthrshegos
on 7/31/11 1:23 am - Huntland, TN
When I die I wanna go with you to this wonderful place!!! LOL

Elizabeth N.
on 7/31/11 2:35 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yup it's DS heaven here! In all fairness, Wyoming would no doubt be just as DS friendly, but the climate SUCKS. My grandparents homesteaded in two different corners of Wyoming in the early 20th century, and notice my parents got outta there and went to MT :-).

So don't wait till you die. Come on out!

goodkel
on 7/29/11 4:55 am
Normal people have to struggle with their weight, too, if they want to be lean, mean fighting machines. The normal weight people who wouldn't like to lose 10-15 pounds are few and far between. But, it's a question of priorities. Do you want to give up cheesecake and work out a couple of hours a day for that kind of body?

Some people do and good for them.

But, there's nothing wrong with a little extra padding in exchange for dessert two or three times a week and a less strenuous level of physical activity. Depriving yourself of what makes you smile, whether it is time with your kids spent working out instead or the occasional handful of cookies, is no way to live, imho.

It all comes down to how much you want this and how you are willing to live the rest of your life in order to maintain it once you've got it. The options don't have to be fat or skinny, smack dab in the middle is a nice place to be, too.

I gained 20 pounds from steroids, but unlike last time, it all came off on it's own when I was off them. Another blessing of cancer has been no bounce back, yet. Sorry, can't help you there.

Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Renee2007
on 7/29/11 9:21 am - Central, FL
 My absolute lowest was 136 and that was after extensive plastics and my system was in total shock fighting to heal itself. My plastic surgeon said that I wouldn't stay at that weight and he was right. I bounced back to 142-145. That's where my body seems to be happiest. I know that I can blow that straight out of the water if I carelessly eat carbs day after day. I watch my weight by using my scale and the way my clothes fit and when I see myself approach my high end (150) I cut back.

Carbs are going to be your culprit. There's an expected amount of bounce back but you can keep on going if you let carbs add up. I can't help but notice that you do A LOT of baking. I don't know how much of it you eat but I know for me I would not have the willpower to pass up on it. Just something to think about.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Renfairewench
on 7/29/11 11:55 am
Thanks Renee.  I do bake a lot, but surprisingly I don't eat it. I might eat one cookie just to make sure that it's quality and tastes good, but I bake so much that these treats don't hold much power over me. My enjoyment is giving them away and watching others enjoy them.   Now other stuff, like bread, bagels, and so on do kick my ass.  I'm going to cut back on the carbs. I know that lately I have been very lax. I am going to up my protein (with protein drinks) too. That's my plan anyway.  I want to get back down to at least 160. I don't have enough room in my closet for more clothes in a bigger size.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

dustydeer
on 7/31/11 12:58 am
My experience has been much like everyone else's I read on this subject. I had an all time low and it was nice, but probably didn't look the best on me, it was 123.
A month ago I was sitting around 137 and wasn't happy at all with it. It was that stage where my clothes didn't feel good anymore and instead of feeling like I had a deflated tire gut, it felt inflated. I am 5'1 and 5lbs is a size, so I was up 2 sizes.

I got back to my comfortable ideal zone of 125-128, which is the high end of normal BMI for my size. I feel the best at this weight. It's very interesting this whole maintenance thing. I count my blessings that it is manageable now and not overwhelming. It is a learning process.

The way I got back was cut out all simple sugars/whites, never eat past 7pm, and consider eating whole grains/fruits a treat. I don't even eat a piece of candy because if I eat sugar at all, then my fruits/yogurts/sf pudding/whole grains don't seem like a treat anymore. I can't and never could eat fat till the cows come home like most people, but do eat protein in mass amounts. While I don't try to eat low fat, I defiantly do not eat Atkins style. I would say that my meals look more like protein power or body for life type of eating, with the addition of lots of protein shakes.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

lookthrshegos
on 7/31/11 1:28 am - Huntland, TN
Maddie, It almost broke my heart when I saw this thread on the board.  You have been thu so much!!!  Bless you.  You don't deserve to have to fight with anything else.

I don't remember if you've had plastics or not.  If not then looking at your ticker I'd say that you have alot of extra skin.  Can you imagine what you would look like without all of that?  When I do that in front of the mirror I can see that I'm at an ok/almost too low weight. 

Also, it might help your "brain fight" to take some pics of yourself to see what you really look like.  I know that when I look at a pic it's like listening to my recorded voice.  "is that really me?!?!?!?!?!"

kathy

Recent Topics