First set of labs (3 months post-op)

carriemeaway
on 7/28/11 3:30 am, edited 7/28/11 3:34 am - Spanaway, WA
I am just going through my labs right now and need some help deciphering some of it. :) 

For my Folate there isn't an actual level given it just says  >20.0 What does that mean?

For my hsCRP I am at 6.88 and I know that's not good. I don't know what it was pre-op but I was curious does this generally get better over time with the DS? 

My B-12 it says normal range is 180-914 PG/ML but mine measured at 3072 PG/ML. Is this dangerous? 

What other readings should I keep close eye on? There are a lot of things that I see people post are measured when they have labs that apparently the military hospital doesn't measure for. No zinc, no copper, no phosphorus and a bunch of others.

Any suggestions/help is appreciated. :) 
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

a_new_mii
on 7/28/11 4:14 am - AZ
 I am not one of the people who can help you with these questions, but from what i've seen here... if you want help with your labs the ones who can help you will want a full picture.  It would probably be beneficial to post your complete lab results.    

Good Luck

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 5:50 am - AL
Labs do not work in isolation.  They come as a big picture.  Our lab experts here (and I am not one of them) will gladly look at your labs and advise you.

But having said that....

They need to see all your labs including any previous labs you have had done.  So start a spreadsheet that you can add to as you get your 6, 9, 12 month labs etc...

AND list ALL the vites/supplements you are taking so they can tell you what to tweak.

They really don't mind advising on labs, but I know it is time consuming for them to tell you what I just told you, so if you can do that it will really help them help you!!!

Thanks!!!

~Becky

beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 5:52 am - AL
And PS.  If your military hospital won't draw all the labs you need you need to start figuring out how you are going to get them drawn.  Until we see your complete labs we won't know which ones those are, of course, but some of them are mandatory and you will HAVE to get them drawn even if that means going to a private lab to do it.

~Becky

vitalady
on 7/28/11 3:22 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Her doc is about 6 miles from me.

Assuming we ever stop having disasters and actually GET home, she can bring stuff to me to look at.

He puts them all on AquaDeks, so their ADEK all come crashing down. Thusly so with the iron family and so on.

B12 at 3000 is safe. Only in my dreams for me........

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Udamnskippy
on 7/28/11 5:53 am - Port Orchard, WA
Carrie .. Im a year and some change post op ... Im still (and concerned) that my protien level is always a bit low . No matter what I try to change. Im always nagged by my Doc that this could be higher... Its hard to believe that there are alot of DSers out there that have perfect lab levels.I personally think that my coffee consumption has a direct affect on the protien absorption ... Its just my conclusion. I dont smoke. I no longer( since2008) drink any alcohol... but my bad vise now seems to be coffee...       Be concerned of the important nutrients but dont go crazy on the results.... Steve
vitalady
on 7/28/11 3:23 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
which protein?

how much?

add any to your coffee?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

carriemeaway
on 7/28/11 7:34 am - Spanaway, WA
beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 3:53 pm - AL
Carrie,

Read the post from VitaLady to me on this thread.  She knows your doc and his (inadequate) program.  You would be very well advised to get on her program if you aren't already.

~Becky

carriemeaway
on 7/29/11 1:34 am - Spanaway, WA
Okay I just saw Vitalady's post, it didn't come through on my email last yesterday so I hadn't noticed it *grr* lol :) 

I'm actually on everything she suggests except the AquADEK....I'm thinking now I will be switching that. I had asked the staff in the surgical clinic about that one and they kept saying no problem. Of course I have my other issues with military hospitals so I was weary but I'm going to definitely get in touch with her and see what info she can help me with. :) 
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

Recent Topics