What do you do when you have a craptastic day?

Julie R.
on 7/28/11 2:35 pm - Ludington, MI
 Yeah, sometimes I can circumvent eating something really terrible by reminding myself how terrible I'm going to feel after eating that something terrible!    Now, every time I think about that sickly sweet sundae, I shiver.     I am amazed at how much sweeter stuff is now as a post-op.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

butercup
on 7/28/11 2:55 pm - Kennewick, WA
I know what you mean.  I'm on a low carb low fat pre op diet and I feel like death warmed up right about now.  I don't think I'm gonna want a burger for a while.

I was reading about how peoples smells and tastes change today.  I knew it happened, I just hope it won't go to some of the extremes that some people experience.  Both of my pregnancies in the first three months everything made me sick.  Hope I fare better after surgery.  
yorkieGal
on 7/28/11 10:51 pm - Clermont, FL
Hey Buttercup, I sometimes revert to finding the answer at the bottom of a pot of Ben & Jerry's. However, like Julie I usually find it doesnt taste as good as I remember it~! This comes in handy if I've got a bit constipated thugh!

Usually though, I make myself a skinny margarita, run a hot bath, light candles, put my Ipod on far too loud, have a face pack, give myself a pedicure and if I need to I have a good cry (believe me I've had a lot to cry ab out over the last 20 mths). The Key to this for me is, I only allow myself the luxury of self pity for one evening and the next day I have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it again like a grown up!! This has definitely worked for me!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

butercup
on 7/29/11 3:49 am - Kennewick, WA
Thanks Yorkie.   Those are some of my favorite things to do too.  At the moment I feel like I want to cry really badly, but the tears just won't come.  I think tonight I shall have a lovely adult beverage and watch a chick movie.

On a separate note, our current dream is to move to Florida, the Dr. Phillips area.  Ahh, sounds like paradise!  What part of Florida do you live in and do you like it?
yorkieGal
on 7/29/11 3:59 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Hon, I live in Clermont which is about 30 minutes from Dr Phillips. It is quieter than DR Phillips but  well serviced with amenities, we have target, wlmart, 2 Publix, great schools. It has hills which is weird in Florida!! I love it here!! Plus the real estate is less expensive than Dr Phillips area.

have a good evening, enjoy that drink and get the Kleenex out. I'm not sure how far out you are but I think sometimes we get a hormone dump which makes depressive symptoms feel worse, so this might be responsible for the mood issues. have a good cry if you can and know that it will pass sweetheart!
Hugs
Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Recent Topics