Introduce myself - Newbie seeking Revision from RNY to DS

nightowl
on 7/25/11 3:29 pm - Topeka, KS
Dr. Gagner is so wedded to staying laparoscopic that you should be aware that he has a higher rate of not getting his RNY-to-DS revisions done in a single surgery, but requiring another surgery some months later.  Keshishian and Rabkin do their RNY-to-DS revisions open, but in one surgery.  I just wanted to make sure you are aware of that.  (I am not a revision, but this is just what I have seen from reading on this board.)
adnerb
on 7/26/11 11:41 am
Thank you for the info! 
I had the RNY done lap and Dr. Gagner has told me that will help in the revision process as well, but he did tell me that if surgery starts to take too long he may have to do it in 2 surgeries.  I appreciate you letting me know that as well!  I will definitely have to add that into my decisions.  It is a lot to think about!  I appreciate so much all the info shared by everyone on here! 
Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 12:28 am
adnerb
on 7/27/11 3:51 am

Thank you for your ideas!  This too is good to think about.  I would prefer all at one time as well...and do have a job and limited funds to spend!  I need to find out more regarding frequency of requiring 2 procedures in order to complete revisions.  So glad to hear your health is improving since your revision!  I have heard to Calif doctors you mentioned are excellend.  I at first considered Dr. Stewert in TX, but he has not done very many revisions and I am concerned about that too!  Will post details when a decisions is made! 
Blessings~
Brenda