One more test, and 2 months of supervised diet and....

beth-28
on 6/14/11 10:50 am
I just had my nut and exercise visits, and my iDEXA scan. Both the nut and exercise consults signed off on my surgery. Now just 2 more months with my PCP, and my UGI are left. Once they're done the office can turn in my paperwork to ins. I can't wait! It's so tantalizingly close, but still feels so far away. Does everyone feel this way at this step in the journey, or is it just me?
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

lisarn
on 6/14/11 11:15 am - Omaha, NE
This was me just a couple of months ago! Time seemed to CRAWL for me back in Feb/March for me. Now I can't freaking believe that I just had surgery 2 weeks ago, it seems like time flew by! lol (After I got my insurance ok they were able to get me on the schedule like in 2 weeks, so that added to the time flying by!)
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

beth-28
on 6/14/11 11:25 am
Oh I can only hope it's that fast for me. I have a big 5 day SCA event at the begining of October, and I want to be healed enough from surgery to attend. But the surgery comes first. There is always next year.  

Nurse N.
on 6/14/11 12:03 pm
Well Beth I've been approved for surgery, but haven't received my date. I've been knowing that I'm approved now for a week and still haven't heard from my surgeon's office with a date. The past 7 days have dragged along so slow. It's just the fear of the unknown and feeling out of control that's driving me absolutely crazy. I hope these 2 months fly by for you, and you get a date asap.

Good luck with everything!

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

beth-28
on 6/15/11 8:58 am
Nika, it is awesomethat you have approval! I think when (if) I get an approval from the Ins. Co., I will feel like a great weight has been taken from me (no pun inteneded  ).  Keep us posted on your progress.

Btw, I love your name.

KimberlyHeidi
on 6/14/11 1:10 pm - VA
Good luck to you ladies. It feels so far yet so close but will be here before you know it!
beth-28
on 6/15/11 9:03 am
Thanks KimberlyHeidi,

I know I can't wait to join you on the loser's bench, and I think Nika feels the same.

Diane Davis
on 6/15/11 1:57 pm

I have received my surgery date as of a couple weeks ago, and it still doesn't seem real!  I guess I won't believe it until it happens.

I still have this feeling something will happen and I won't get to have the surgery, so I'm afraid of rejoicing in the fact!

My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Band to DS
on 6/15/11 3:29 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:41 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!