Recommended dodages to improve deficiencies?

MarciRenee
on 6/3/11 10:08 pm - IA
As long as they are coded correctly, it won't matter who orders your labs.

I have found that neither my surgeon NOR pcp will run all the labs I want to have run, without input from ME.  Yes my surgeon is my surgeon, but he is good at CUTTING and not necessarily good at after-care and knowing what vites I should be taking, how much of them I should be taking, and what labs really should be looked at each time.  So I have educated my pcp, to a degree, and she is willing to order whatever labs I request.  I often have to fight with her dumb nurse, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Moral of my story is that I hope you aren't depending solely on your surgeon to tell you what labs to have run b/c he will probably only order the major well known ones.
Marci       
DivaJojo
on 6/4/11 3:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Hmm. . . guilty. I have been depending solely on my surgeon because compared to me, he's the expert. I have no problem educating my pcp and ensuring I get all the labs I need, but how do I know what that is beyond what I get from my surgeon?

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

MarciRenee
on 6/4/11 3:14 am - IA
Here is the Lab List that Vitalady recommends having run and possible dx codes.  It is what I have my pcp order for me, every 6 months.  If there is a more update to date version, I don't have it, sorry.
Marci       
beemerbeeper
on 6/4/11 1:30 am - AL
I sent you a PM.

DivaJojo
on 6/4/11 3:32 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks for letting me know. Still getting used to the new setup and wouldn't have seen them for a while. Read both posts and thank you so much. You answered one question I just asked and one I hadn't asked yet. For some reason can't reply to message on my phone, so came back here to let you know.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 67 views