Recommended dodages to improve deficiencies?

duncans
on 6/3/11 1:36 pm
duncans
on 6/3/11 1:39 pm
Kathleen: do you take Vit K2 as MK7 or MK4?  Do you have a source for dry MK4?

Thx!

Susan

beemerbeeper
on 6/3/11 1:52 pm - AL
Hey  Susan,

I'm not Katleen, but I take K1 and K2 both the Tender brand from VitaLady.  The K2 is MK7.

~Becky

DivaJojo
on 6/3/11 9:14 pm - Atlanta, GA
Okay, you guys lost me with the,"mk" talk. What are you talking about and what does it mean? Thanks.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Kathleen F.
on 6/4/11 1:47 am, edited 1/27/12 9:07 am

There are different forms of K2. MK7 is the one from natto, a fermented soybean food from Japan. It was shown that women who ate natto regularly had better bone health than those that didn't. [edited to remove personal information] Even though it is now available in this area at Japanese grocery stores, I won't eat it. It is definitely an acquired taste. 

There seems to be some debate whether the MK4 version is more effective for bone health than MK7. I will have to read up more on that.

Kathleen F.
on 6/4/11 1:26 am

MK7. I take Vitalady's formula for that. Haven't done much research on MK4 yet. I did find this source for it though: http://www.roex.com/Product/Details/594/K2

I assume it is dry as it is a tablet, but it doesn't say that it is.

duncans
on 6/4/11 1:40 pm
Thanks! I wrote to the company. The product label states it is a blend of K1, K2 MK4 and MK7. Specifies the amt of MK7 but not the K1 and MK4. MK4 is expensive, so I'm guessing it is only enough to allow it to be listed on the label, but hopefully they will respond and I will know.

Thanks!

DivaJojo
on 6/3/11 9:10 pm - Atlanta, GA
Wow. Thanks for those tidbits. Had not heard that about K2, but saw it online and wondered about the difference between that and K1. Also what the distinction was. Thanks.

Kayla B.
on 6/3/11 9:16 pm - Austin, TX
#1 thing is adequate protein.  Protein in the blood carries many vitamins, so if you don't have that foundation, everything is going to continue slipping.  I don't recall whether this has been an issue for you, but it's always worth a mention.

Vitalady's starting plan is always a good start.  It covers a lot of bases pretty well.  I think the idea about the 100k IU vit D is a good one, too.

Vitalady has a fix-it plan, too.  I don't have it currently, but she can help you get your levels back if you contact her personally.  She even has access to some vitamins in even higher doses than she sells on her website, should you need some heavy artillery!  Go ahead and email her.  Replies make take a little while since she's a busy lady with a lot going on right now.

Is there a way your doctor can order your labs so you have your results at that appointment?  If you wait 2 weeks to get labs, some of them take 2 weeks to get back...and that'll mean flying blind for about a month.  I usually fax my lab request to my PCP and he puts them in for me.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
DivaJojo
on 6/3/11 9:30 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hadn't thought of that. I normally take my lab orders directly from the surgeon's office to the lab. I've never gone through my pcp. He knows that I have had wls and is very supportive, but I don't think very knowledgeable about them. Where's the better chance of foding for insurance coverage - pcp or wls surgeon?

Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 67 views