My Fitness Pal ?

gak
on 5/31/11 11:30 am
Revision on 06/21/13
I am wondering how many of you use this to track your food intake ... I decided to try this site ... has anyone tried this verses FitDay ? Do you like one better than the other ? I got frustrated with Fit Day in the past which is why I decided to try this one.

I was trying to figure out how to customize MFP easier ...I saw a link earlier for this and now I can't find it. I really like so far all the foods I have found there and how you can put in your recipes and it spits out facts for you.

I think my carbs are getting away from me recently, so I decided to track for a bit and see if I am right. The first 3 days shows I am RIGHT !  Gesh, these carbs are nasty ! Going to get rid of them.. somehow IBC Rootbeer has sneaked  back in the house. It is the only soda I like really.  One bottle was lasting 3 or 4 days, but I seem to have creeped up to 1 bottle day.. gesh, that is 44 carbs ! BOOOOOOOO, it is going bye bye ... only a few bottles left and then no MORE.

On an up note, I cleaned out clothes yesterday.. Three HUGE bags of things too large...going to take them to donate tomorrow and get them out of here ! I now have room to shop again.  And I know everything in the closet fits and does not fall off if I put it on.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

2bee.or.not2bee
on 5/31/11 9:06 pm
 I have never seen or used FitDay or My Fitness Pal, but when I finish posting this I am going to check them out. I have been using MY Plate aka Livestrong.com. It tracks calories and carbs and exercise, as well as water and other stuff. I am always looking for a better option.
I hear you on how easy carbs sneak in. It's scary how fast that can happen!!
Congrats on the closet clean out! I can not WAIT until I can do that. I have promised not to shop for any clothes until I have actually lost a few sizes. That is a hard promise to keep as I am going on vacation next week!
Thank you for your encouraging post!
All the best
~CC
gak
on 6/1/11 1:39 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I love closet clean out time ! It makes room for newer items ! LOL    I was long over due, the knee replacement last year, I was unable to do it. I continue to clean things out about every 3 months or so as I am still losing al biet slowly now. That is the reason I want to track to my food again, seems like I am in a rut ! 

I can saw that this week I can pull anything out of my closet and it will fit. Will see how long lasts ! LOL 

Ginger<><  

MarciRenee
on 6/1/11 1:46 am - IA
When I'm tracking I prefer My Fitness Pal.  It allows me to track calories (which is a default setting, I think) carbs, fat, protein and fiber only.  I also love being able to add my own foods and recipes in as well.

And the fact that you can have friends on it as well is helpful.
Marci       
gak
on 6/1/11 1:40 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Marci,
I have been putting in recipes as well and I think it helps a lot... it is taking a lot of time to set up things, but once it's all in there... should be a ton faster ! 

I will have to investigate the friends part there. I am so short on time now. Will have read what you do.

Ginger<><  

Jersey Girl
on 6/1/11 5:17 am
I used Fitday for YEARS and this years started using MFP.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!  It's so much better than Fitday.  I had to add a lot of my own foods to fitday, but that's not an issue with MFP.  I also liked Sparkpeople too. 

I customized my calories, fat and carbs by clicking the Goals tab, then change goals, then customize.  But I found that they adjust in relation to each other. 
A l y s i a  (pronounced like A l i c i a)
Total weight loss since HW of 475:

Pounds lost since band revision to DS            
gak
on 6/1/11 1:43 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Oh Alysia,
Your such a sweetie.. duh on the goals tab, guess I got so tired last night I did not see it again, but I found it again today ! They really do seem to adjust in relation to each to their own little formula, which is not the DS formula, but at least it does carbs and protein and fiber.

I am still tweaking it a bit, but I am loving it as I spend more time there. Put in some personal recipes today inbetween work calls.. he he

Hope things are going smooth for you back at work and your schedule is working well.

Ginger<><  

Victorious_one
on 6/1/11 5:40 am - South Central, PA

I love MyFitnessPal!  Friend me over there under the same screen name.

It's much easier to use than FitDay and Livestrong.  There are tons of foods there.  I customized the same way Jersey Girl does.  It really helped me a lot when I was keeping very close track of how much protein I was getting in when I was suffering malnutrition.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
gak
on 6/1/11 1:46 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Good to see you like MFP as well. I will have to go and see how to friend people. Is there a board there as well ? What is the purpose of friending there ? I have been so busy trying to track my foods and SHOCKED at the numbers. And I have been putting in some recipes so the carbs and protein counts are correct. I am sure once I get in my normal food items it will become much less time consuming !

Ginger<><