it has been 2 years !

gak
on 5/18/11 9:24 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Well I suddenly realized today it has been 2 years since my revision. Where in the heck has the time gone ?  I forgot to weigh in this a.m. ( I think that is a blessing, as I no longer felel tied to a scale!)  I had on my mind to get out in the yard while it was still cool,  before the heat returned. Got this done

The trash guys are not too happy with me,  they honked as they went by me today. Pick up is tomorrow, but they drive by on a regular basis due to our location. This is the third big batch of my brush trimming in recent weeks. I only have one more side of the house to complete. I could not trim good last year with my knee replacement. How wonderful it was to be able to complete this in just a couple of hours . Biggest problem I have to be careful not to get dehydrated. I had to stop only to keep the fluids up as I worked.

Another thing I thought about today was Mary and her chainsaw.     For those of you *****member, I will never forget when she emailed pics of what she did in her yard with the chainsaw. I had told her I could use a chainsaw at times here as well, although we never did get one !  I could remember Mary laughing about yard work today. I remember that phone call so well, when she said " go check your email...and look at what I did with my chainsaw today"  ... she was amazing !

I also noted that my size medium shorts kept falling/slippinig down. I could not keep any tools in the pockets as I used to while working in the yard. As long as the pockets were empty they stayed up ! But as soon as I forgot and put the trimmers or bottle of water in a pocket they would start to slip down. Maybe I should go shopping.

I should also measure. I have not done that in awhile, but many clothes are loose. I have been putting several items aside as I pull out more clothes for summer. Guess I need to have a try on session, as it takes a long time to find something that fits sort of  properly. I am so thankful for belts these days.   they help a lot ! 

I have my lab order slip, I just need to go get them drawn, I will soon, as I have a check up with Dr Maguire in July. My original DS was in 2003, that was done wrong and now it's been the 2 yrs since my revision with Dr Maguire.

What a ride it has been ! With all I have been thru I do not think I can complain ! I have kept off about 120 lbs., give or take 5 lbs. So I guess that is pretty normal. My BMI is just out of the normal range.. maybe I can get that down a little more and hit normal now that the knee has healed.

I am happy overall with the body, except my legs. I have mild/moderate lymphodema and having a hard time finding a doc who knows how to treat it properly in this area. Still researching options, but walking, biking and swimming seems to help a little bit. I have tried compression stockings as well and they are not comfy at all.

Well this got long.. but I wanted to share.. fight for what you want and hang on.... I am glad I did ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Lisey
on 5/18/11 9:39 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
Congratulations!  You have such a positive attititude, good job with everything!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

gak
on 5/18/11 10:48 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks Lisey, it's the only way to go with a positive attitude !

Ginger<><  

beemerbeeper
on 5/18/11 9:42 am - AL
Good for you Ginger.  Now your abilities match your spirit.  I miss you and hope to see you soon.  We should try to meet up half way somewhere for lunch.

~Becky

gak
on 5/18/11 10:51 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks Becky, I was thinking about that Mexican place you talked about. I am not sure where halfway would be ? Greenville ? There is a Ruby Tuesday there.  Tmrw, have to go to Enterprise to get the van fixed, part is in. I was hoping DH would have a mtg in MGM, but not this month. Darn ! 

Ginger<><  

smileyjamie72
on 5/18/11 9:45 am - Palmer, AK

Ginger,

Congrats on your continued success!!!!  Nice yard trimmings too!!!  Amazing how much energy we get after WLS, huh?

Look at this link... I had a free varicose vein check with ultrasound back in Novemeber, and the doc and I talked about my large legs & lymphedema.  He said that sice I stated to him that my feet do not look swollen, just everything above them, it looked to him like I had lipedema.  Hmmmmmm, I thought.... "food for thought" 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipedema

Keep up the inspiritation!!!!!!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

gak
on 5/18/11 10:55 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks Jamie,
I have wondered about lipedema.. Darn docs here do not know what it is for sure. I have had a lot of injuries to the left leg b4 the knee replacement. It is worse than the right, I get what i call cankles. I will check it our more. I really should make it a priority to find someone who ktred nows what to do with them. I have have had varicose veins treated in the past and I hated that doc. He was 2 hours away.

Yes our energy can be amazing. I have fibro as well. It is much better since weight loss, but I do have a few rough days. I call those my resting days ! LOL.. Normally I run circles around others !

Ginger<><  

MajorMom
on 5/18/11 10:28 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Ginger! You have done a great job.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

gak
on 5/18/11 10:56 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks Gina ! 

Ginger<><  

Julie R.
on 5/18/11 11:00 am - Ludington, MI
 Happy Surgiversary, Ginger!
Your odyssey of a DS journey has been more arduous than the average bear's......you went through a lot to get this far.

Love the pruning pics, and I so well remember our sweet Mary's chainsaw pics!

I'm so happy for you!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125