Bean...and other Dr. Elariny patients...

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/1/11 6:13 am, edited 5/1/11 6:13 am
 Gosh, I'm watching how that unfolds too. I like Dr E, and hope there is just a misunderstanding, and that OP gets resolution.

Edited because I can't spell and my grammar sux.
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 6:32 am
Out of curiosity, why was your first response to her to "lawyer up"?  What's she supposed to be suing for?
Larissa P.
on 5/1/11 6:35 am - Denton, TX
The violation of her hippa rights by not releasing TWO surgery reports, one done 5 months ago!
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 6:38 am
Sorry, but that is not something to be taking up court time for, IMHO.  People in this country are so damned lawsuit happy, and it disgusts me quite frankly.  I can see where she'd be frustrated, but bringing a lawsuit is a little over the top, no?
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 8:18 am
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 8:22 am
I think it's sad, really.  I'm not really sure why Larissa thought she needed to post this, other than to stir the pot.  I feel bad for this other gal, though.  She's in pain and nobody can figure out why.  It must be frustrating, to say the least.  And now, she'll get on line for support and see this thread.  I'm sure she'll feel great about posting here now.  Poor thing.  I hope one of her doctors can figure out what's going on with her, and quick!
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 8:37 am
Monkey_doodle
on 5/1/11 1:48 pm - NY

You wouldn't drag someone to court with something as sensitive as needing medical records?  Each court case does not necessarily involve a financial gain.  "Sue happy" people bring frivilous claims to court and waste time.  So, if you had a child and somehow a birth certificate was not given/printed you would just let that go?   I would kind of want some records to show what's been done to me and by whom especially if surgery was involved.   

DS surgery- 3-29-11
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 11:03 pm
No, I wouldn't.  Court is for people who have been seriously harmed or wronged.  I would go directly to the office and not leave until I had my entire chart copied and in my hot little hands.  A birth certificate is not something you can get from a hospital or a doctor's office anyway.  Vital Records has those, and you have to pay ($12 in my state) for even the initial copy of that to be sent to you after a baby is born.