Gaining Weight 2 Years Out

Eli1979
on 4/30/11 2:48 am
 I have had very little caffeine in the last few days.  I am not a coffee drinker, and I cannot stand tea with real sugar so I have not had any of that either. 
MsBatt
on 4/30/11 3:01 am
Have you tried tea with Splenda? I drink about a gallor of this a day, and I've gotten so I actually prefer the Splenda.
Eli1979
on 5/1/11 3:08 am
 A long time ago I did.  I may give it another try.  
MsBatt
on 5/1/11 3:14 am
Splenda is the only no-calorie sweetener that doesn't have an aftertaste to me. I simply canNOT stand 'diet' sodas, so on the rare occassions I drink soda, it's the 'Real Thing', Coke Classic. I just don't have them very often, and after being 'off' it for a while, I just don't LIKE it like I used to. And boy did I like it---pre-op, I was drinking 2-3 LITERS of Coke a DAY.
Eli1979
on 4/29/11 2:11 am
Do most of you stick to a "Atkins" type diet?

Elizabeth N.
on 4/29/11 7:44 am - Burlington County, NJ
No, not really. More like South Beach minus the fat restrictions.
dustydeer
on 4/29/11 3:43 am
I'd call the way I eat akin to protein power more than Atkins style. There are many here who can eat a lot of fat, I just am not one of them. It gives me diarrhea.
I'll trade ya, a typical day for me and a typical day that you have been having.

B-double protein shake made with almond milk, splenda and whatever flavors I am in the mood for, today it's pure vanilla, pumpkin pie spice. (60g protein)
Couple cups of coffee with splenda and creamer
B2-sausage,2 eggs and 1 slice WW toast (25g protein)
L-Baked Tilapia, the whole bag cooked and I eat about half at a time. (Use a lil oil, butter, onions, peppers and lotsa Mrs Dash seasonings, lemon/lime) ---also 4oz is 23g protein, and I eventually eat the whole bag by around 3-5pm.( So that's another 69g protein.)
S-the leftover fish
S-about half the days of the week another protein shake, dbl (60g)
D-whatever I am cooking for everyone else with a few bites of carby/veggie things. (20-30g)
S-greek yogurt (11g) with strawberries sweetened with splenda

At the end of the day I end up with a protein total of 160-230g. I change things up from fish to shrimp, or from one flavor of protein to another, like a pnb choc protein shake. I eat bacon instead of sausage. I do eat things like turkey bacon, or turkey sausage because I like it and again...I just can't have THAT much fat. I drink tons of sugar free lemonaid and sf tea.
I splurge on things like sushi and have a little rice, or 8oz soda, or a peanut butter cup. See where I am going with this? Protein and supplements are #1, then I can have a treat.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Eli1979
on 11/9/11 11:30 pm
Revisiting my post here.  I did good for a while, then fell right back into the same old thing.  I got back on tract, again, last week.  I can tell a difference in my clothes already.  The problem I am having is I eat and my pouch is full, but I do not feel satisfied.  I also gave up smoking a week ago this past Sunday.  So in the last week I have given up regular soda, carbs and cigs.  

What i miss most in sweets.  

Has anyone tried the 5 day pouch test, and if so did it work for you?
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 11:54 pm - Lancaster, OH
On November 10, 2011 at 7:30 AM Pacific Time, Eli1979 wrote:
Revisiting my post here.  I did good for a while, then fell right back into the same old thing.  I got back on tract, again, last week.  I can tell a difference in my clothes already.  The problem I am having is I eat and my pouch is full, but I do not feel satisfied.  I also gave up smoking a week ago this past Sunday.  So in the last week I have given up regular soda, carbs and cigs.  

What i miss most in sweets.  

Has anyone tried the 5 day pouch test, and if so did it work for you?
DSers don't have a pouch, they have a stomach.  Are you on the right forum?
Eli1979
on 11/10/11 12:33 am
Yes I am a DSer.  Someone I know that had the RNY was telling me about the 5dpt.  That is why I ask.
Recent Topics