Gaining Weight 2 Years Out

Elizabeth N.
on 4/28/11 1:46 am - Burlington County, NJ
In a word, HELL NO.
newyorkbitch
on 4/28/11 12:21 am
Cut the sugar and the carbs!!!  If you must drink soda,  drink diet soda. 
sia
on 4/28/11 3:49 am - NY
 I ******g love your screen name!
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Janine P.
on 4/28/11 1:21 am - Long Island, NY
Wow...

Didn't Dr. Inman give you guidelines as a direction to go in?

The regular soda - that's got to stop.  Sugar sugar sugar. 
Your protein isn't even close to enough.  PLEASE up your protein - You'll get sick if you don't.

I say start on those two things and work from there.

Best of luck to you.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Eli1979
on 4/28/11 1:30 am
Janine P.
on 4/28/11 1:34 am - Long Island, NY
Fantastic!! 

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Julie R.
on 4/28/11 11:23 am - Ludington, MI
 Okay, so in your initial post, you state that you "really don't know how to eat," but in this post you state that Dr. Inman and her staff "did educate you on what to do," and that you're a "bad patient."   SO which is it?    

You've been given a marvelous gift - this surgery.   It's pretty hard to screw it up if you follow a few basic road rules.    By refusing to be compliant (and yes, if Dr. Inman and her staff did educate you, as you state, you are refusing to be compliant) you are screwing up the stats in regard to nutritional deficiencies and weight loss/maintenance.    Many good people have taken a lot of time out of their schedules to give you good advice on these boards, but I have a pretty strong feeling that you've known what to do all along.   Now, put the soda pop down and start eating the way you know you're supposed to!   We can be here to support you, but ultimately, the responsibility is 100% YOURS.   Good luck!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

amccu18007
on 4/27/11 11:54 pm - Newark, DE
Please go back to the basics before your gain becomes out of control. Make sure you are getting 64 + ounces of fluid a day and at LEAST 100 grams of protein. I would make up a big thing of tuna, chicken salad and egg salad to have on hand to snack on. ALso nuts, cheeses and lunch meats are great and EASY. Make sure that you are taking all of your vites and stop eating crap that you know isn't good for you. If you wouldn't feed it to a baby/toddler, you shouldn't eat it yourself. God luck and you can do this!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

newyorkbitch
on 4/28/11 12:00 am
Eat plenty of protein
Eat very few simple carbs
Drink plenty of fluid
Get some exercise

larra
on 4/28/11 1:04 am - bay area, CA
I understand your concern about the weight regain, but the bigger concern is that you will find yourself with protein malnutrition if you don't increase your protein intake. Remember that we malabsorb 40 - 60% of the protein we consume, so we need extra protein to stay healthy. And really, that's what this surgery is about more than anything else, getting our health back and keeping healthy.
      If you eat more protein, you will have less room for the carbs, though of course one quick and easy change you can make that will help with the weight issue (though not with the protein) is to cut out the regular soda, which is nothing but sugar with no nutritional value at all. You could still enjoy diet soda, still eat fast food if you make better choices and focus on the protein and throw out most of the buns and bread. But you really, really need to make protein the bulk of every meal.
      And if I had to guess, I would guess that you already know all this without hearing it from us or from the nutritionist, you just need a gentle kick in the butt, and you came to the right place to get it.

Larra
Recent Topics