Really need an UNBIASED answer

newyorkbitch
on 4/27/11 12:01 am
Someone has to be their first but that someone doesn't have to be her.  I would never, ever do a complex surgery with a surgeon who didn't have MANY such surgeries under his/her belt.
Heather E.
on 4/27/11 12:09 am
And she wouldn't be his first - there has been a post on this very thread from someone else who already had their DS done by him.  My point was that number of DS's performed shouldn't be the lone deciding factor.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

newyorkbitch
on 4/27/11 12:51 am
Not the sole factor,  but a very significant factor,  and for me - absolutely a dealbreaker.  i wouldn't want anyone opening me up who is still learning on the road to expertise.  Unless that person were a  a fellow in a university hospital with a senior experienced surgeon standing right there.

Christine Ren was a fellow under Gagner when I had my DS.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/27/11 3:22 pm - Tuvalu
On April 27, 2011 at 7:09 AM Pacific Time, Heather E. wrote:
And she wouldn't be his first - there has been a post on this very thread from someone else who already had their DS done by him.  My point was that number of DS's performed shouldn't be the lone deciding factor.

I'm with newyork***** on this one.

I don't vote for a candidate ONLY because of his/her stance on abortion, but that is a dealbreaker test that must be met before I will listen to anything else.  If a candidate disagrees with me on that issue, I will not be voting for that person.  If a candidate agrees with me on that issue, I *MAY* be voting for him or her.

So if a doctor has enough experience, he or she will be on the list of those from which I will choose.  Other things will come into play...but not meeting the experience hurdle is a dealbreaker for me, too, and that doctor will not be on my short list.

Renee2007
on 4/27/11 12:10 am - Central, FL
 Who was your surgeon NewYork? You stated that you had the DS 11 years or so ago. Were you active on this forum back at the time of your surgery or did you just stumble upon us recently?

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

newyorkbitch
on 4/27/11 12:15 am
Gagner.  March 2000.  No I didn't stumble on this forum recently.  Just decided to start posting.  I'm active (and a moderator) on duodenalswitch.com.
Renee2007
on 4/27/11 12:16 am - Central, FL
 Cool! Welcome!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/27/11 3:30 pm - Tuvalu
On April 27, 2011 at 7:15 AM Pacific Time, newyork***** wrote:
Gagner.  March 2000.  No I didn't stumble on this forum recently.  Just decided to start posting.  I'm active (and a moderator) on duodenalswitch.com.

Well good, as long as you aren't What's her Name.
kahlana
on 4/27/11 9:41 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Heather, thanks for replying.

By the way, does anyone know HOW a surgeon gets vetted? like what are the requirements to being pronouced "vetted"? what do they have to go through?

My Blog My Facebook

Elizabeth N.
on 4/27/11 12:05 pm - Burlington County, NJ
When did you email the owner of DS Facts to ask her these questions? SHE has the answers, not any of us.
Recent Topics