Really need an UNBIASED answer

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 10:25 am
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/26/11 12:24 pm - Tuvalu

Wait a minute...you're a revision?  I'm sorry if I was supposed to know that.  From what to DS?

Because there are only a few...very few...surgeons that are really experienced at revisions to DS.
kahlana
on 4/26/11 1:08 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
No no Im  sorry I made myself unclear. I am NOT a revision. The only major surgeries I have ever had are a hysterectomy and my tonsils out in my 30's (adults have higher risk factors than kids but it was do or die... literally)
I am sorry if I made it sound like I was going for a revision. I mentioned the revision to DS because that was listed in Dr. Selwyn's profile stuff that I read.

My Blog My Facebook

teachmid
on 4/26/11 10:10 am - OKC, OK
When I met with my surgeon pre-operatively, he volunteered his mortality rate before I could ask the question,

IMHO, an experienced surgeon is the way to go.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

PattyL
on 4/26/11 10:16 am
 Never heard of your doc.  Good, bad, or otherwise.

So, I bet you will go in for your consult and find you are a candidate for the RNY.  Why?  Most likely because this person doesn't reaolly do the DS.  It's called 'bait and don't switch'.
kahlana
on 4/26/11 10:21 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Um... im dont want the RNY.... and if he recommends that I have that done Ill just leave and find a different doc. my PCP recommended the lap band but I am refusing that one as well. But thank you for the tip I will be watching for it now.

My Blog My Facebook

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 10:16 am
kahlana
on 4/26/11 10:22 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Okay thanks. Adding those questions to my list.

My Blog My Facebook

kahlana
on 4/26/11 10:26 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
For those wondering about Dr. Selwyn http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-calvin-selwyn/
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 4:43 pm - San Jose, CA

The surgeon profiles on OH are LESS THAN WORTHLESS.  They are not vetted for truth, and they are rarely if ever updated.  And at least some of the surgeons exercise their right to delete "testimonials" that are not complimentary.  I wouldn't bother OPENING those files.

Recent Topics