Need a CRUNCHY alternative to chips

AngieB67
on 4/25/11 3:11 am, edited 4/25/11 3:20 am - Bel Air, MD
 Hey Guys!!

I haven't been on the boards in AGES!  But I'm going to try to make it a point to check in more often.  I am 4.5 years post op and doing great! But everynow and then, I need a reminder about the basics to keep me on track.

Looking through some of my old recipes this weekend, I found a really tasty crab and shrimp dip  and a recipe for spinach and artichoke dip that I used to absolutely LOVE!!  Totally DS friendly too! Trouble is, I used to eat them with tortilla chips or toasted pita chips!

Anybody got any suggestions for something chip-like CRUNCHY to eat with my dips?  Don't go there with pork rinds (I am not a fan). But every now and then, I want something CHIP like.  

On another snacking note, my new latest obscession is hummus with sweet potato chips.  I'm not sure of the carb count there (I'm turning a blind eye for the moment because it's satisfying my CRUNCH criteria! LOL)

---------------------------------

Anna G.
on 4/25/11 3:15 am
Do you like celery? It doesn't agree with me, but I wi**** did.

AngieB67
on 4/25/11 3:19 am - Bel Air, MD
 Celery?? UGHH! BLECH! (lol)

---------------------------------

Anna G.
on 4/25/11 3:26 am
Well, I would say carrots but those are pretty carb-heavy too and I'd rather just have a multigrain cracker. Usually with things like that, I just eat it with a spoon and have a few crackers on the side. My favorite cracker right now are the fabulous 100% whole wheat Wheat Thins. Regular wheat thins have white flour in them, but these do not.

Jolly Rancher
on 4/27/11 1:48 pm
Ooooooo.....I have not seen these Wheat Thins. I have overlooked Wheat Thins for a while b/c I don't want too much flour. I might add Triscuits as an idea. They are 100% whole wheat and quite tasty. I like the thick ones, but usually get the thins because I can have "more" of them per serving. I also LOVE making the cheese crisps as a chip replacement. I put deli meat and cheese on the crisps and they are lovely.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Anna G.
on 4/27/11 8:51 pm
You would THINK that Triscuits would be 100% whole wheat but I learned the hard way that they are not. Those little imposters are enriched!!

Jolly Rancher
on 4/28/11 12:50 am
Seriously? I could have sworn I read the ingredient label. Oh well, learn something new every day. I don't currently have any in house, which is now a good thing!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 3:32 am - Stockton, CA
What about making some cheese crisps? they are crunchy and great with dips (and full of protein)
Renee2007
on 4/25/11 3:32 am - Central, FL
 I use Fritos Scoops for dips and such. I load the dip on and the fat seems to help push the carbs through for me. I also don't suffer any gastric distress from the corn chips.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

beemerbeeper
on 4/25/11 3:41 am - AL
Renee,

I like the way you think.  That is exactly what I think happens to the popcorn carbs that I eat totally SLATHERED in butter, so why wouldn't the same thing happen to corn chips.

Now I need to find dips that are very fatty.  The dip I love the most is high protein but not so high in fat.

Hugs,

Becky

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views