I am glad I had DS, and a WOW!!!

girlygirl1313
on 4/19/11 9:36 pm - Davidson, NC
 You paved the way with Dr Sudan.  He lets me get whatever labs I want.. I do have to ask for them, though.  They should have a meeting just for DSers, even if it's just a one time thing.  So that the Nut and Psych can hear from us in one voice.

If I could convince them to do it at no charge, I wonder if Sudan DS patients would be willing to take time out and attend?

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 11:42 pm - Yorktown, VA
I would attend if it coincided with my appointment.  (I'm not driving 7 hours to attend.)
girlygirl1313
on 4/19/11 9:37 pm - Davidson, NC
 CONGRATS TO YOU ,GIRL!!!!!!  we need to talk sometime soon! :)  ~GG

worlfree
on 4/19/11 11:23 pm - DivaTown, NC
Hi GG , I'll call u soon...

Meg_S
on 4/19/11 10:36 pm - Natick, MA
I'm so glad you posted, I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear that you're doing and feeling good! Maybe you could find or start a support group for people with DS in your area, just a thought. I think followup support is so important, even when you're doing well. Keep up the great work, you must feel so good! I had RNY and have not had any issues with dumping or throwing up so it's a pretty individual thing. I haven't had any trouble tolerating any food I've tried to eat either.

Highest weight = 272, surgery weight = 240, goal weight = 135   

worlfree
on 4/19/11 11:23 pm - DivaTown, NC
Hey Meg, good to hear from u as well, U look awesome.  Congrats on all your weight loss!!!
U r right it is an individual thing, but all 8 people had a problem with their RNY.  I felt bad for them. 

ModestoK
on 4/20/11 2:55 am
Hey Switch Sister! 
I'm glad that you are a happy camper and doing so well.
I'm doing well also, but not quite in the 'loving the hell outta my DS' phase yet - but I'll get there.  Luckily I have not had any complications.  The strange thing, and if you had told me this before surgery I would have called you a liar, is that I forget to eat and really don't want to most of the time.  I do enjoy some of the foods I eat, just not nearly as much as I did pre-op.   My obsession about what I'm going to eat next is completely gone.  It is just amazing.
 I am loving that I have dropped 43 pounds in 3 months and that I'm already shrinking out of some of my size 18 pants.  I actually have hope that I will be a normal size in the near future.

I am so thankful for all of the wonderful support here and that I learned about and had the DS.

Kim

~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

worlfree
on 4/20/11 3:16 am, edited 4/20/11 3:45 am - DivaTown, NC
Hey SS, it will get better, believe me when I tell ya,  I too sometimes forget to eat(lol) but love the fact that I can still eat what I want..It's amazing how the weight just comes off.  I see we r neck and neck with our weight loss, sisters for real (lol)

ModestoK
on 4/20/11 3:39 am
Yep - looks like we are both doing well with our loss.  I do envy you being in Onderland, though.  Hopefully I'll get there by summer.

Where in N.C. are you located?  My folks are here visiting from Charlotte and I lived in NC during part of high school and college.   I'm now in California but there are some things I really miss about the South.   Since I live near a Blue Diamond Almond store, maybe we can set up a cross-country exchange.  I could send you almonds in exchange for country ham.   My mom has stocked me up for grits (especially since I'm not eating them right now) but I made the mistake of letting my friends taste country ham and now they always beg for some when they hear I've got a stash.   It really is like meat candy.   Yum!

Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Elena22
on 4/20/11 6:14 am
Uh - oh work it, work it!!! lol.  I think you should continue to go to group, if you can fit it in your schedule.  Just to continue to educate others about the DS.  When I had group, there were actually 2 DSers present and a few others asked what the DS was. .... tsk, tsk, tsk. SMH..... Anywho, you never know if some pre ops ears will perk up.  Eventhough I've only had the VSG at this point, I still promote the DS! :)
~ Elena.

Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 66 views