My latest Update!!

larra
on 4/19/11 6:33 am - bay area, CA
Helen, I'm so happy for you! You're gonna do great.

Larra
pycca
on 4/19/11 10:28 am - Haslet, TX
YEAH !!! glad you are progressing !!! Hang in there you will begin to see some changes !!!
Diane Davis
on 4/20/11 2:16 pm
Like I told you on FB, I am so happy for you.  i love you and your positive attitude, I probably wouldn't have fared so well!

Prayers continued!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
rargirl
on 4/21/11 12:53 am
Helen,

i am so glad to hear your leak is healed and you are off the TPN. I have been thinking of you frequently though I don't post too often. I have noticed a few things since my TPN was discontinued. First, I have so much more energy. I lost a ton of weight immediately when the TPN was stopped. I am feeling overall so much "better". I am confident you can look forward to all of the same.

Jane

Linda F.
on 4/22/11 6:44 pm - Tampa, FL
Helen - Congratulations on getting off the TPN.  I was also "released" from the TPN nightmare a couple of weeks ago.  How did they get your leak to stop so quickly?  What did they do, or did it just repair itself?  I am so glad to not have to not have to lug that darn TPN bag-o-fluids around anymore.  Unfortunately, I have just graduated to the tube feedings through the G-Tube stage.  I have not been able to eat much by mouth since January.  I still "eat" a lot of popsicles, thought.  You are right, that you will start melting away since you are off of your TPN - at least it happend to me.  The only good thing that I found about the TPN was that it made my nails grow long and strong.  Can't wait to see more "good news posts" from you.  Hang in there.

Linda F.
HW271/SW249/CW124.5/GW120

Helen C.
on 4/23/11 1:26 am - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Linda the leak healed on its own. My Dr did not intervene in any way except to put me on nothing by mouth and on the TPN.

I agree about the TPN making your nail longer and stronger.... I have always had brittle nails and while on the TPN they were not brittle at all.

I am still praying for you and that you will soon make a full recovery and be back on eating some normal foods. You have been such a wonderful support to me during this time and I hope that your complications will be corrected very very soon.

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 61 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 61 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views