Dr. Pomp

soulsister
on 4/4/11 5:48 am - NY
After researching ds surgeons, I realize dr. Pomp was taken of dsfacts due to possibly doing the surgery in 2 parts.
I emailed him before I dished out 500 for a consultation.
I want to revise from the band to ds. I have a bmi of 35.

This was his reply:
a low BMI (< 45) and not a lot of previous abdominal surgery can/will do in one stage; the sleeve is usually (slightly) larger but this makes NO difference in weight loss
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Does anyone know about the larger sleeve? Why wouldn't he make the same size for all?
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 6:04 am, edited 4/4/11 6:05 am
I think he is talking about the difference between the VSG sleeve and the  DS sleeve. We need to be able to eat the higher amounts of protein compared to VSG. 

I doubt it is much bigger. He does say slightly bigger.
soulsister
on 4/4/11 6:31 am - NY
On April 4, 2011 at 1:04 PM Pacific Time, Inge H. wrote:
I think he is talking about the difference between the VSG sleeve and the  DS sleeve. We need to be able to eat the higher amounts of protein compared to VSG. 

I doubt it is much bigger. He does say slightly bigger.
This was all in reference to the ds surgery, not sleeve. I'm just curious why he makes a bigger sleeve for lower bmi? I thought all ds surgery were pretty much the same.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/4/11 6:43 am - Tuvalu
I'm concerned that you are trying to get a DS when you might not be a good candidate for one.  Today you wrote:

I want to revise from the band to ds. I have a
bmi of 35.

The other day you wrote:

Topic: Ds surgeon revision on lightweight?

I posted a similiar question on the lightweight board. I am looking for a revision from the band. My bmi is 30 and i know not a lot of ds surgeons like to do revisions on that low of a bmi. I am looking for someone who is openminded about it and within a car ride away from buffalo, ny.
Any suggestion?

On the 5th, you said your BMI was 29. 

I really do understand that you want to weigh less, but you are NOT in touch with the fact that the DS is a surgically induced fatal condition.  Malabsorption, untreated...unsupplemented...can turn into malnutrition and kill you.  And you don't sound like someone who wants to deal with THAT part.

You just sound like someone who is focused on the numbers on the scale and the numbers on the clothing tags instead of your health.

Really, if any surgeon performs a DS on you or anyone else whose BMI is somewhere around 29-35, I'd have to question his ethics.  The DS is a great big Giant ******g Surgery...not a little something to select because you'd like to lose 20-30 pounds.  It is a DESPERATE, LAST CHANCE thing for someone who is DYING FROM MORBID OBESITY.  That is just not your description.

You need to think about this.  Seriously.

soulsister
on 4/4/11 6:59 am - NY
On April 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:
I'm concerned that you are trying to get a DS when you might not be a good candidate for one.  Today you wrote:

bmi of 35.

The other day you wrote:

I posted a similiar question on the lightweight board. I am looking for a revision from the band. My bmi is 30 and i know not a lot of ds surgeons like to do revisions on that low of a bmi. I am looking for someone who is openminded about it and within a car ride away from buffalo, ny.
Any suggestion?

I really do understand that you want to weigh less, but you are NOT in touch with the fact that the DS is a surgically induced fatal condition.  Malabsorption, untreated...unsupplemented...can turn into malnutrition and kill you.  And you don't sound like someone who wants to deal with THAT part.

You just sound like someone who is focused on the numbers on the scale and the numbers on the clothing tags instead of your health.

Really, if any surgeon performs a DS on you or anyone else whose BMI is somewhere around 29-35, I'd have to question his ethics.  The DS is a great big Giant ******g Surgery...not a little something to select because you'd like to lose 20-30 pounds.  It is a DESPERATE, LAST CHANCE thing for someone who is DYING FROM MORBID OBESITY.  That is just not your description.

Guess I'm not a candidate then. Unfortunately when i posted that i was in denial of gaining weight and still thinking that my bmi was 30. Well, the scale told me different

You are not aware of my health issues either for wanting a revision. If you were ever obese and had several herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis, you will know the pain i endure everyday. I want to prevent having a 3rd back surgery if i can get my weight down from obese.
People on here have sworn by the ds, even lightweights. Everyone has a different opinion on what surgery is the best and for who.

Maybe instead of lurking on every forum, finding fault with ppls posts, you should focus on the question being asked in order to help others make an informed decision. Instead you like to be a debbie downer.
I will let the drs and my insurance see which is best for me, not some lurking troll!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 7:07 am - Lancaster, OH
On April 4, 2011 at 1:59 PM Pacific Time, soulsister wrote:
On April 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:

bmi of 35.

The other day you wrote:

Any suggestion?

Guess I'm not a candidate then. Unfortunately when i posted that i was in denial of gaining weight and still thinking that my bmi was 30. Well, the scale told me different

You are not aware of my health issues either for wanting a revision. If you were ever obese and had several herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis, you will know the pain i endure everyday. I want to prevent having a 3rd back surgery if i can get my weight down from obese.
People on here have sworn by the ds, even lightweights. Everyone has a different opinion on what surgery is the best and for who.

Maybe instead of lurking on every forum, finding fault with ppls posts, you should focus on the question being asked in order to help others make an informed decision. Instead you like to be a debbie downer.
I will let the drs and my insurance see which is best for me, not some lurking troll!!
The well-meaning person you just insulted spends quite a bit of time and effort trying to protect people from their own ignorance.  And, boy, did you ever show your behind with this post.

Stunning, really.
Elizabeth N.
on 4/4/11 7:14 am - Burlington County, NJ
I guess she didn't bother to read any of the posting history, either, since Ms. Cal is all too familiar with crippling chronic pain and back injury.

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 8:30 am
O.M.F.G!  Not another one.....

Elizabeth N.
on 4/4/11 10:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
Maybe it's the spring weather that's bring out the headbangers?
Rena H.
on 4/6/11 11:49 am - Spokane, WA
hahhah that cracked me up!
HW - 395 / SW - 358 / GW - 150