damn drs! & need ideas for dealing with heartburn

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 6:56 am - Lafayette, IN
 we have tried adding carafate but my insurance will only cover the pills. the liquid (which i cant afford) helps some but the pills do nothing.
Blank Out
on 4/2/11 3:55 am
 Have you tried Zegrid OTC yet?  Just got a recommendation for it.  Can't hurt...    The Pepcid is not cutting it for me either.   Dump the Reglan.  Not worth the side affects!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

KimberlyHeidi
on 4/2/11 9:45 am - VA
 I have tried what seems like everything to and nothing seems to be working as well as I thought. I was originally given Prevacid to take and then I got awful pain and heartburn so I was switched and tried a few others that didnt do anything. Then I was put on Protonix which worked well but then they switched me to the generic which I didnt feel worked as well but still was working. Then the next time I got them filled it was by 2 different manufacturers which I have had happen before but ever since my belly just hasnt been the same. I am getting more reflux then in the past and my PCP isnt sure what to do since this is the one that is helping the most and doesnt know if I am going to end up with more relief then what I have. I am also taking the gas X and tums for what I think is gas pain. It stinks. 
Recent Topics