Ds surgeon revision on lightweight?

soulsister
on 3/28/11 11:21 am - NY
I posted a similiar question on the lightweight board. I am looking for a revision from the band. My bmi is 30 and i know not a lot of ds surgeons like to do revisions on that low of a bmi. I am looking for someone who is openminded about it and within a car ride away from buffalo, ny.
Any suggestion?
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 11:30 am
The BMI requirement is the same for a revision as regular WLS, >35 with comorbidities  UNLESS you are being revised due to a serious malfunction of your previous surgery, in that case it will depend on both the surgeon and your insurance company.

There are some DS surgeons in NYC, look them up on www.dsfacts.com .

Good luck,
Michele
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 11:32 am - Bayonne, NJ
I was between a 39 & a 40 bmi when I revised from RNY to the DS.
Elizabeth N.
on 3/28/11 11:36 am - Burlington County, NJ

Don't get your hopes up.

soulsister
on 3/28/11 8:58 pm - NY
On March 28, 2011 at 6:36 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:

Don't get your hopes up.

Thank you Elizabeth. You have given me a lot of hope! Lol

Did you have a good experience with Dr. Peters? He is one surgeon that is within driving distance from me.
Elizabeth N.
on 3/28/11 11:52 pm - Burlington County, NJ
He's terrific. Give him a call, 570-969-2527. I bet I know what he'll tell you, but I have been wrong before :-).
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 11:49 am
airbender
on 3/28/11 1:35 pm
My bmi was a 31, but I was a revision with a lot of issues caused by my primary wls.  bmi really doesn't have anything to do with a revision if it is due to malfunction, or issues with your primary surgery.  if you want to revise with no issues, and a bmi of 30, that is a different question
walter A.
on 3/28/11 10:35 pm - lafayette, NJ
i could get a ds in nyc due in part to my low bmi 35, dr roslin just did a vsg from band  on girl at 30.  DR A DID my ds, low bmi is ok, 
Janine P.
on 3/28/11 10:50 pm - Long Island, NY
I'm going to reiterate what everyone else said: Unless you've got some serious issues going on with your current WLS, I wouldn't get my hopes up.  30 is pretty low for WLS, particularly the DS.  But certainly, best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Recent Topics