Bras

SweetAsHoney25
on 3/26/11 5:20 pm
Could someone please help me? I am in serious need of a good support bra to lift these flat breast. Someone had a post on here some time ago, but I didn't bookmark it. I thought about Vickie's, but they are the last resort, because they are not cheap by no means. The quality may be great, but some of their bras, especially the ones that I would need, are really expensive. I really can't afford to get a breast lift done, at least not right now, and to tell the truth, I really don't know if I would want go through another surgery, definitely not now. I already have to get my gallbladder out on Monday, so getting a lift is definitely out of the question any time soon, if at all, for another 2 years or so. I have to give my body a break.

If someone could please give me help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah_Anne
on 3/26/11 7:43 pm
My advice is to buy well fitting undergarments, expensive or not.  You don't need 10 bras - 2 or 3 will do.  Plus, $150 on bras that make you look great is a heck of a lot cheaper than plastic surgery.  

Definitely shop around though.  Get properly fitted - that can make a huge difference!  

HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
goodkel
on 3/26/11 8:03 pm
The money is so much less than surgery. SPEND IT! It will make you look younger, thinner, and make your clothes fit better.

I recommend that you go to Nordstrom's (guaranteed good service) or Dillard's and have a professional measure you and give you a selection of bras to try on. The formed cup, balconette-type seems to work best for me getting the girls to look normal.

I've had good luck with different brands (you HAVE to try them on), but my favorite at the moment, for the awesome way they make me look and how comfortable they are, is the Spanx Bra-llelujah. It runs about $62 retail, but once I bought one and wore it a bit to be sure, I found others for much less on eBay.

Don't skimp here. Wear your crap bras around the house, but have a couple of good ones to wear in public. You'll feel so much better.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/11 8:27 pm, edited 3/26/11 8:29 pm - Canandaigua, NY
Ahhh, tube sock boobs - hard to fit! I've actually had better luck with cheaper bras:

I went to Lane Bryant and had a fitting (even so close to goal I'm still a 40DD) and bought a Balconette bra from them. It was middle-expensive - about $40 I think, but also a little "heavy/foamy", and showed when I wore some V-neck shirts. I had better luck with cheaper bras from Walmart. I prefer the ones that are formed, but not thick (I don't need extra padding, just something to corral the girls). My last bra was $5.99 from the Goodwill (new budget bra - not used!). I may eventually splurge on a Spanx undergarmet, but I've had great luck with cheaper bras. The important thing for me is knowing what size to get, then try on a bunch to find the style that fits just right - then buy a several!

Good luck!
goodkel
on 3/26/11 8:41 pm
It would be great if you can find a cheap bra that works for you.

But, don't skip the step of going to a professional to be measured and fitted FIRST.

It makes all the difference in the world knowing your TRUE size.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Jolly Rancher
on 3/27/11 12:19 am
It's funny that you say this, Kel. I got measured, but this was years ago, at Lane Bryant. I had always been buying DDs but they measured me at a a D. I tried one on and my boobs were spilling over the top. What gives? And where to go to get a really good measurement??? Now, I just try on every bra before I buy it because it seems that sizes flow with manufacturers kinda like clothes do.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
airbender
on 3/26/11 11:14 pm

weight loss does a # on our breasts, and they can be difficult to size correctly, 2 years ago i had a professional bra fitting at a place that supplies bras to post mastectomy patients and wow what a difference the correct size makes.  a correct bra will run you about 60-90 USD, but you only need 2 or so one washing and one wearing, it is well worth the money.....

LaShelle2
on 3/26/11 11:21 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I buy a lot of bras at Rosds, Marshalls, TJ Maxx.

You just have to get into a good bra trying on mood and take a handfull in the dressing room and try a bunch on.  I tend to spend $5-10 on bras, and have even found some at Goodwill new with tags.

Gooodwill and the discount stores do require patience because it's a toss up if you will get lucky.  

They do make those body shaper camisoles too and you can find them at the discount stores. They are good, but can get hot in the summer. 

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

lookthrshegos
on 3/26/11 11:43 pm - Huntland, TN
I call the Lane Bryant bras "industrial strength".  They are fabulous!!! 
When I bought my first two (actually my mom bought them for me for my b'day) I bought them with the band small and bought a pack of their extenders.  I managed to use those for about
8-9 months.  By the end of that time I could carry a newborn around in one cup along with my deflated booby. LOL  I went back and bought one more much smaller and have been wearing it.  I have also found a good one at Wally World much to my amazement.  I have shrank down to a 36 DD.  Not an easy size to find.   But I still credit my experience with Lane Bryant with helping me to know how a good bra should feel and look.  I'm pretty sure you can also get a good experience at a good department store.  However, I doubt very seriously that you find a more comfortable bra than the ones at LB.  I almost never was aware that I had a bra on.  They are that comfortable. 
Good Luck and Embrace the Ta Tas!!!
Kathy

Jolly Rancher
on 3/27/11 12:22 am
I'm a 36 DD also, and you are correct, they are MFers to find!!!!!!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?