It's never lupus!

kirmy
on 2/18/11 2:21 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
How are you treating it and is it working?

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/11 12:09 am - San Jose, CA
Work- and packing-avoidance Diana kicked in, and looked at some pix on the internet, and it sure looks a LOT like nummular eczema.

The treatment seemed to be lots of emollient lotion for dry skin, less washing (I think you can't do that), keeping wool from contacting your skin - and waiting for spring, when it should clear up.
kirmy
on 2/18/11 2:25 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
p.s. mine doesn't itch or ooze or scale or do anything except slowly spread .

nikonshooter
on 2/18/11 1:38 am - Ventura County, CA
Auto-immune disorders- ******* of ALL *******s. I collect them in multiples. Uugh- I so hope it's not discoid. But... that being said, I think some of the newer biologics have had some success? Hoping for the best!
kirmy
on 2/18/11 2:22 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Yup and yup it sucks arse!

Pupcake !.
on 2/18/11 4:13 am - Stranded in, IA
Mine doesn't ooze or scale either- itches sometimes. 

My daughter has eczema behind her ears and I use her lotion on it.  (elidil)  It helps a lot.

I still think it has something to do with Vit E or micronutrients.

Good luck

Pup
(deactivated member)
on 2/18/11 10:30 am
A  malar rash is the hallmark of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.

I have SLE, along with Fibromyalgia.  YOur lesions do look like Discoid, which is sepaerate from SLE, and is usually limited to the skin, HOWEVER, you *can* have both*!

Go to www.lupus.org .  Thisis the Lupus Foundation of America.  You're in the UK, so I don't know what the equivalent would be there. There's lots of information on lupus available, but you have to have doctors who are willing to spend the time and effort to diagnose you correctly.  Get ready for LOTS of testing.  I was tested for MS, sarcoidosis, and even lymphoma before I got a correct diagnosis.  The tests have to be done at just the right time of active disease, (lupus can go into remisson) or they won't catch it.  Here's a list I found on the web of standard tests used in combination with documentation of symptoms.

(Note: for a person with SLE, a syphyllis test can come back as a false positive.  I was also tested for AIDS, which was negative.)

It took 10 years for me to get a definitive diagnosis. It is very hard to diagnose, because it mimics so many other things - even discoid has been diagnosed in some folks I know as contact dermatitis!  Personally, I had all the above tests, plus muscle reativity (for multiple sclerosis), tests for sarcoidosis and even a biopsy for lymphoma, which actually ended up nailing the SLE!

Just like we have to advocate for ourselves with the DS, we have to do the same for Lupus and Fibromyalgia.  I had LOTS of practice advocating for my own health care before my DS, so I was a pro when it came time for my surgery.

Get yourself to a doctor ASAP. and let them biopsy those lesions!

Diane Davis
on 2/18/11 1:39 pm
Prayers Kirmy!  Get this taken care of ASAP!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
J G.
on 2/18/11 3:40 pm
Just hugs, from a psoriasis girl....
Julie R.
on 2/18/11 9:10 pm - Ludington, MI
Kirms, my husband told me to tell you that this looks a LOT like a rash he just recently had called pityriasis rosea.     It usually resolves spontaneously within a month, but his doc did give him an antifungal drug and had him wash with Selsun Blue.   It appears that it may be caused by a virus.

Here's a link to the AAD website:

http://www.aad.org/public/publications/pamphlets/common_pity riasis.html
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
15 Years Post-op with Plastics
Lisey · 0 replies · 91 views
Recent Topics