How do you "fix" a sweet tooth at 3 weeks out

Michelle H.
on 1/6/11 4:29 am - Canada
Thanks so much for the information, I will have to pick some up and try them
Michelle
My is Debbie M.......I am to lo24 (Louisa)
RNY 338- 185.  Regain to SW260 CW 236 GW 150ish?

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/6/11 4:34 am, edited 1/6/11 4:35 am

Look at Eggfaces page for good recipes, or even Atkins-type desserts.

I like sugar free pudding mix in yogurt (for some protein) when I have a sweet tooth. Also, is it possible to switch some of the sweet stuff in the house to healthier sweets, like bananas, cuz that would be better for the kids too.

DarcyMad
on 1/6/11 4:41 am - Cedar Park, TX
Unfortunately, my 3 weeks was coming up on Christmas so I just had some Christmas candy!  There were these yummy maple oatmeal clusters and the other was some fudge.  Of course I ate a piece here and there and 1 was plenty.  It did the trick and didn't give me any trouble amazingly!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

beemerbeeper
on 1/6/11 5:27 am - AL
I ate very dark chocolate (85%) almost every day of my weight loss. One piece of the brand I used had 8 carbs.

I also splurged every month or so by buying some other type of dark chocolate.

People who start to let carbs in too soon don't seem to do as well as those who keep the carbs really low. Of course at 3 weeks you aren't eating enough of anything fo it to matter, but if you start with carbs at 3 weeks it does concern me that you will have more trouble later on when you have a lot more room.

How much fluid are you getting at this point?

~Becky

Michelle H.
on 1/6/11 5:31 am - Canada
Becky, I am getting in anywhere from 70-100 oz of water a day.  The only carbs I have had today were from the two crackers.  My carbs are always under 30. 

I will look in to getting some dark chocolate.
Michelle

beemerbeeper
on 1/6/11 5:50 am - AL
I wasn't trying to say you were doing anything wrong. I'm sure you are doing great.

~b

Michelle H.
on 1/6/11 6:15 am - Canada
No Becky I did not mean anything by it.  I just mean I normally can barely get the protein in so getting in carbs is a no go unless they come in something I am eating.  Sorry I should have articulated that better.

Michelle

beemerbeeper
on 1/6/11 5:30 am - AL
Cocoa almonds Sam's Club but I didn't start this habit until much much later.

Val's ricotta fluff was a savior for me early out. Very filling and full of protein. Good quality ricotta mixed with SF pudding mix. You may have to ask for the full recipie.

Flourless PB cookies

SF pudding

SF popsicles (especially at 3 weeks out)

~

yes4Jess
on 1/6/11 6:55 am - somewhere, MI
well, this doesnt seem to be the popular opinion here BUT   In my opinion the best way to FIX a sweet tooth is to practically zero carb it(well, super low) for 3-4 days and then you dont crave anything sweet anymore... sure makes clean eating easier if you jsut avoid most the carbs to begin with LOL
5'5" HW-344 (10/4/09) SW-295 (10/7/10) CW-161 GW-144
Never give up, Never surrender! ~Galaxy Quest

First person to tell me I took the "easy" way out is getting a black eye!

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/11 9:46 am - Woodbridge, VA
I concur. The fewer carbs you eat, the fewer cravings you have.