How do you "fix" a sweet tooth at 3 weeks out

Michelle H.
on 1/6/11 4:24 am - Canada
It seems every day at around this(mid afternoon) time I get a sweet tooth.  I have four children so I always have snacks in the house however I have not caved and eaten any of it.

Today my sweet tooth is really bad so I had two saltine crackers with peanutbutter and a very SMALL smidge of raspberry jam on top.  It helped but is that okay to do?

What did you use to fix your sweet tooth craving?  Any suggestions would be great
Michelle
My is Debbie M.......I am to lo24 (Louisa)
RNY 338- 185.  Regain to SW260 CW 236 GW 150ish?

Mommy2006
on 1/6/11 4:28 am
SF puddings was one of the first things I was allowed to eat. Dark Chocolate SF Jello pudding cups (made with splenda), they're $2.50 or so for 6 in the supermarket.
P. Poster
on 1/6/11 4:29 am, edited 1/6/11 4:29 am
 Sugar free pudding with unflavored protein powder mixed in.  Greek yogurt with SF preserves & splenda or SF honey or SF lemon or lime curd.  Carbsmart ice cream or bars.  Cocoa roast almonds (Emerald brand).  Ricotta fluff.  Becky's faux cheesecake.  Queso blanco made into "french toast" w/sugar free syrup.  Protein drinks.  Paula Deen's no carb peanut butter cookies.  Atkins bars (protein or the Indulge line).
Michelle H.
on 1/6/11 4:32 am - Canada
oh ****** you guys have so many options.  I can not find SF honey, nor SF Lemo or Lime Curd.. it sounds so devine.  Can you also believe we do not have Cocoa roast almonds? I will try the pudding and Greek  yogurt.  Thanks for the tips
Michelle

P. Poster
on 1/6/11 4:46 am
 I make my lemon/lime curd :)  lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/locarblemoncurd.htm  NOM!  You can order the SF Honey from Amazon, probably the almonds too.  

I just had an Atkins Endulge double chocolate "cookie" slathered in peanut butter.  The cookie by itself is chalky and kinda gross, but with peanut butter on it, it tastes like a peanut butter cup (my weakness...).  I think it was 5g net carbs (plus however much is in the PB)?  Yummy :)

Here is another recipe that I've tried and it is YUMMY if you like key lime pie.
Lime Pie Filling

1 Envelope Knox Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 cup sugar equivalent (I use 12 packets of Truvia, other
sweeteners may require more or fewer to get the desired
sweetness)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup key lime juice (could use lemon instead)
2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese

Beat cream cheese in mixer until smooth. 

Mix gelatin, water and lime juice and bring to a boil. 

Stir and add in the sweetener. (Stir first.  Adding
the sweetener before stirring may cause the liquid to foam
up and overflow the container.)

Beat in the gelatin mixture to cream cheese slowly until
you have a smooth consistency.

Pour mixture into pie crust or muffin cups and refrigerate
for 3 hours.  Garnish as desired.

Enjoy!

From one sweet toother to another, good luck!

Michelle H.
on 1/6/11 4:50 am - Canada
OMG... that Key Lime Pie sounds better than sex... I am seriously drooling.  I am going to make this for my birthday next week..Woohoo... Thank you.

Thanks so much for the link and the tip on the nuts.  I only live 5 hours from a border crossing and do cross about four times a year however I am fresh out of goodies now when I need them.  Off to internet shop..LOL

You made my day with this recipie...
Michelle

sweetdew
on 1/6/11 4:57 am - CA
YUM!!!!!!!!!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Kathleen F.
on 1/6/11 5:54 am
Oh great, now you got me eyeing all those lemons I just harvested off of my lemon trees!
Monique H.
on 1/6/11 6:03 am
YOU ARE MY HERO!!! This sounds so good and I'm thinking about chopping up some almonds or pecans and putting them at the bottom instead of a crust. I can't wait!!!!!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Heres2anewme
on 1/6/11 6:19 am - TX
faint 2
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!