If you could give newbies just ONE piece of advice

kidnee
on 10/10/10 12:03 am - WILLIAMSTOWN , NJ
 Each Day it gets a weeeeee bit better, don't get discouraged. We all get buyers remorse, Its OK.

All the other stuff already said too. 

Donna      HW 242   SW 227  CW 117 

NancyBluEyes
on 10/10/10 12:53 am - SouthOfTheCities, MN
When you ask for help or advice you don't then get to ***** about how that help is given. 
Nancy  Remember what you deserve. Be good to you. Do good to you. 
5'11"    HW 419 / SW 382 / CW 205 / GW 180

lookthrshegos
on 10/10/10 1:28 am - Huntland, TN
Make a video for yourself.  A sort of video diary if you wish.  I think it would have helped this to all seem a bit more real if I could have seen myself move and speak instead of just staring at the person in the photos.  It's pretty easy for some to forget the feelings and moods that they experienced as an obese person. 

Also, eat what you can as far as volume goes.  DON'T over eat.  But don't stress about the amount if it is more on some days than others.  Just eat what your tummy needs.  Your body needs more some days and will let the tummy know that before it lets you see it. LOL  You will probably find that after the days that you can eat more you will lose more.  Amazing huh??? LOL

Also, be sure and get  yourself clothes that fit.  If you have to (this is what I do) go to the thrift stores and yard sales.  Talk to friends or participate in clothing swaps.  You'll be amazed at how much better you will feel about your weight loss and how many more people will take notice of it when you wear clothes that fit.  Word of warning here tho, don't get too many in any particular size.  You won't wear them very long. 
Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/10 1:36 am - Yorktown, VA
Get a doc to run vitalady's full list of recommended labs.  (If your surgeon won't, then go to your PCP.  If your PCP won't, find one that will.)  Track them yourself, so you can see if they are trending up or down and then tweak your vites based on the results.  Come here for lab and vitamin advice. 

In other words, do NOT rely on your surgeon to automatically run all the necessary labs, to catch something that is trending in the wrong direction before it gets too low/high or to recommend the correct dosage or form of supplement to fix it. 

In other words.....KNOW YOUR ****!  Research, read here, learn......
beemerbeeper
on 10/10/10 7:45 am - AL
Tessy/Becky,

If Gina had seen this post she would have sent you a big HOOAAH.

This is CRITICAL advice.

dustydeer
on 10/10/10 1:55 am
Protein shakes aren't as awful as PICC lines and feeding tubes. Mary Poppins will not pop out of the sky and make it go down better, just drink it.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

CharleeG
on 10/10/10 3:11 am - Jonesboro, AR
Never, EVER trust a fart! Srsly.

beemerbeeper
on 10/10/10 7:47 am - AL
Hey Charlee,

I kwym. But now that I am a year out I do trust mine again. I could NOT trust them PR-op mind you, but I finally can now. I'm very lucky.

marriedmom
on 10/10/10 11:29 am - Middleville, MI
Thanks everyone for your input. I read everyone's advice and am thrilled to be a part of a network of ppl that are so willing to share. I am going to have DS on Nov 2 so I am "gleaning" all the wisdom I can!
My angel is Lisa! LK1970!
  5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147

CaliNik1979
on 10/10/10 12:44 pm - Beckley, WV
Awesome replies!

I am making a video diary tonight before surgery and taking my measurements.
Hooah!