what's for dinner?

hayley_hayley
on 6/19/10 3:17 am
It helped a lot that I lived alone. I simply wouldnt buy the carbs. I would make a pot roast and eat on it all day long. No potatoes, no bread, no rice, and no pasta.  Potatoes was the hardest thing for me to give up (and I had to consciously do it b/c I LOVE potatoes).  Going thru a drive thru and not ordering fries? oh man...but once u do it for 30 days it becomes easier.

Now I can eat a lot more and ive been eating the carbs - especially potatoes. And guess what? I gained some weight. Now i know how to lose it again but it is much harder to give up those carbs when i dont have the newly post op restriction. I also live with someone so the carbs r around.

Best thing i ever did was give up those nasty carbs the first year.  I would allow myself to have a little bread when i went out to eat though. But i knew potatoes were my downfall and if i ate them id never stop.  Man i wish i never reintroduced them into my diet.

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

shele
on 6/20/10 12:28 am

I had home made chili relenos, very tasty!

Yellow peppers, cut into strips. Rubbed with canola oil, and roasted at 350 for about 30 min.

ground beef browned with onions, and taco seasoning mix

Put the ground beef mixture on the pepper, then top with montery jack cheese.

put under broiler on low until the cheese was bubbly.

Topped with sour cream and  green onions.

Very good!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

HeavyJ
on 7/1/10 12:29 pm - SC
I had a 1/3 lb cheese burger on wheat bun topped with tomatos from my garden, and other veggies not.