what's for dinner?

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/10 6:37 am
 It's P-I-Z-Z-A. For some reason, OH's adult content filter thinks that the first 4 letters make a naughty word.

There is a way to turn off that option in your settings, if you like.
hayley_hayley
on 6/18/10 2:26 pm
note: shouldnt eat like me til u reach goal and maybe not even then lol

b - fruit snack
L - 6 inch subway club sandwhich (turkey, ham, roast beef, lettuce, tomato, mayo), chocolate
S- cheddar poppers (fried jalapenos), fruity mentos
D - chicken florentine (avoided pasta)
S - another order of cheddar peppers

I usually eat a lot more but was uninspired by food today.

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

gigi _
on 6/18/10 2:39 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
"note: shouldnt eat like me til u reach goal..."

Absolutely!  I truly do understand.  Part of my wanting to see posts of folks with mature DS systems is that I try to spread the word about DS and it's benefits.  One of which being that you are not on a life-long diet and can, eventually, eat more like a person with a "normal" metabolism.  So, I guess I think it would be kind of nice if any lurkers came to our forum and saw that DSers REALLY do eat the way I sometimes claim they do. :-D

Of course I understand that until I reach my goal - which, at my early stage, is a long way out - my food choices will be quite different than yours.  And that is fine.  Right now I'm struggling to eat at all most days.  LOL.  So, please don't worry about corrupting me. *grin*  Other than OJ, which I'm craving, nothing much sounds good anyway.  I'm just too early out.
Kayla B.
on 6/18/10 2:15 pm - Austin, TX
noted!

But I usually forget what all I eat.  haha

I'm a huuuge night time snacker too, so by the time I'm done eating, it's like 2 am, I go to bed, and forget all about the previous day's eats.

I'll go try to remember what I ate today.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
gigi _
on 6/18/10 2:25 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
Alli Gator
on 6/19/10 3:13 am - Olive Bayou
You've seen what I eat on Vites and Bites!  Except I'm trying to go low carb to drop some weight.  But... I still eat up to 3900 calories a day!!  I'm over 3 years out.

I too, want to see what other vets eat.  So it doesn't make me look so bad!!  LOL

Mary

Grammo
on 6/18/10 2:07 pm - Nashville, TN
Shopped at Costco earlier and picked up one of their rotisserie chickens, it was smellin' so good.  Went home and nibbled on that for a while and went back out to finish up my "weekend at the lake" shopping at our New Publix store that just opened Wednesday.  I am sooo glad it finally opened as I have  a serious addiction to Publix Diet Sweet Iced Tea, sweetened with Splenda, and I was having to drive a good ways for my fix.  Apparently it's a good idea to shop Publix at closing time, I brought a home a free box of fried chicken and an egg custard pie!  (The folks from the fresh, prepared foods departments were running around at the cash registers just giving away everything they had left in their cases!)  So, rot. chicken tonight and a cold fried chicken picnic in the boat tomorrow! Yeah protein!
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
Kayla B.
on 6/18/10 2:13 pm - Austin, TX
1st dinner: roasted tomato bisque from central market with lots of cheese!
2nd: 1/2 a turkey and pepperjack sandwich w/mayo and dijon mustard while I was at work and some pistachios
3rd: hot wings and ranch with a diet pepsi w/lime at reverse happy hour after work!  woo

I love that hot wings are health food.  I love them so.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Marz K.
on 6/18/10 6:36 pm
 I had a bunless burger with cheddar cheese on it, a bag of chips, and a slice of watermelon (over about a 2 hour period) plus a few cookies (which were a bad call). I was eating at a BBQ that was the end hurray for the camp I've been working at non-stop for the last week. 

So I celebrated. 

Tomorrow begins the low-carbing again. I really need to reign myself in. I'm not grossed out by sugar, except for sugary drinks... and sadly, I still crave sugar. I have pretty much an iron-gut, I'm not even lactose-intolerant anymore... which is strange, because I didn't think it would change so quickly back to normal. 

Sigh, right now I feel like I'm back to my dieting mentality of "I failed today, but I'll try hard tomorrow". I really need to get my butt in gear. I think I might go on a nice long walk tomorrow... 
- Marz 
Crap-banded when I was 16, revised/switched to DS as my 20th birthday present. 
HW/SW - 388 CW-285 GW - 175 (I'm 6'2, so that'll put me at a BMI of 22) 

Wildewoman and Gail R. are my Beautiful Rabkin Angels.    
Kerry J.
on 6/18/10 10:21 pm - Santa Clara, UT
You sound a lot like me Marz, I went from not being able to drink milk for 28 years with the damn RNY to being able to drink it again almost overnight. Kewl huh.

Here's the thing I've learned about eating:

1. You're going to have a few off the low carb wagon excursions, but don't sweat it, you have the DS working for you, so as long as you don't do it every day, you're going to lose just fine. 

2. When you're hungry or want to eat, go ahead and eat, don't try and starve yourself. But when you eat, eat high protein foods you love, if they're high fat, no biggie, eat em up. Enjoy what you eat, savor it and do not feel guilty about it; you are supposed to eat.

3. Think ahead. To really help you eat high protein, low carb, you have to think way ahead and make sure you have plenty of high protein low carb snacks and foods at hand. This takes a little work and experience to get used to doing this; the whole rest of the world is scared to death of fat and you have to learn to ignore everything you hear and read from them and buy what you need.

Just keep working on this and you will get to where it comes naturally and give yourself a break OK, you're doing great.

Kerry