what's for dinner?

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/10 1:56 am
 Lenore,

This is interesting to hear. I have mostly stopped posting on Bites and Vites because I am not a super low-carber. It seems that a lot of folks on the thread these days are primarily looking for low-carb support. So I have been reluctant to post there because I didn't want to "flaunt" what I'm eating or be unsupportive of others' struggles.

Jenna
Turtle13
on 6/19/10 2:24 am - WA

Hi Jenna,

I post on the Bites & Vites and have visited your blog and seen your yummy food and echo what the others say also. I am not the best cook and honestly, am just plain lazy when it comes to food. I would love to see what others eat and that would inspire me too. Don't feel bad for posting. Just by you posting, that is definitely supportive.

Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
Verhampshirite
on 6/19/10 11:54 am
Thanks, Jenna -- Your adventurous menus always make good reading!

-- Lenore

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

Kerry J.
on 6/18/10 2:06 pm - Santa Clara, UT
I used to try and post there, but honestly, it's really hard to remember everything I eat every day. I've been trying to remember everything I ate today and I've thought I had it all three times and then I remember; oh yea, I forgot about the Polish Sausage I had for a snack etc.

Here's an example of what I eat:

For breakfast, I remember I had 2 Jumbo fried eggs, 3 pieces of thick cut bacon, 2 slices of low carb toasted bread and some hash brown taters. Before breakfast, I had a cup of unsweetened grapefruit juice to take my morning does of vits and meds, and a Diet Pepsi with a whole lime juiced into it and a few handfuls of trail mix and a granola bar. 

See, I already screwed it up. After I had the juice, Diet Pepsi, granola bar and trail mix, I went to work out. When I got back from working out, I had a Pure Whey Stack Cookies & Cream Double scoop with whole milk and two pieces of buttered toast. (I always have that after I work out). Then I had a shower and then I had the bacon, eggs, toast and taters. Sheesh!

Then I want to work at 9:00 AM. Came home for lunch at noon and had a salami & cheese sandwich on low carb bread with a few potato chips and another DP & Lime. I also drank liter of water between 9 & 12.

I know I had a few things to eat between lunch and dinner and a liter of water but I can't remember what it was.

For dinner we went to Texas Roadhouse and I had a couple of scones, a house salad w/ 1000 Island dressing, a rack of ribs and some baked beans. For dessert 40 minutes later, we had Krave frozen yogurt.

Since I've been home from dinner, I had a Greek Gods Yogurt, some trail mix and a dish of Breyers Carb Smart Chocolate Ice Cream.

I've probably left some stuff out, but I just don't remember right now, and I'm tired and I'm going to bed because I'm running tomorrow morning early.

Kerry

gigi _
on 6/18/10 2:24 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
Wow.  Thanks, Kerry! 

I hate to post duplicates, but I'm going to in this case. I think it's important for any lurkers to see that someone with a mature DS system really does eat like a normal (i.e., non band, non RNY) person.  So, whenever you have the time, and you don't mind doing it, will you consider posting on the B&V thread?
Verhampshirite
on 6/19/10 12:01 pm
Kerry -- What a trencherman you are, Kerry!  I just love reading about what you're eating. And, I thought of you when I surprised myself with my ability to eat an amazing amount of lobster today!

You're especially good, I think, at managing eating on the go, which is challenging, for me anyway.

I'm still logging my food in FitDay to get a carb count, but honestly, it's just as useful for having a sort of "rough draft" before posting in Bites and Vites. I always forget something in the first burst of typing.  Just saying. Not that this would be necessary for anyone else. I don't think it would matter much if something were forgotten. It's just useful to see the range of foods and the amounts of food that different people eat.

-- Lenore

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

Kerry J.
on 6/20/10 12:08 am - Santa Clara, UT
Lenore; you made me go to the dictionary! I had never even heard the term "trencherman" before, let alone been called one:

dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/2003/03/18.htm l

After reading what a "trencherman" is and the origins of the word; I plead guilty as charged LOL!!!

Kerry
Allison Mupas
on 7/1/10 12:25 pm
On June 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM Pacific Time, Kerry J. wrote:
I used to try and post there, but honestly, it's really hard to remember everything I eat every day. I've been trying to remember everything I ate today and I've thought I had it all three times and then I remember; oh yea, I forgot about the Polish Sausage I had for a snack etc.

For breakfast, I remember I had 2 Jumbo fried eggs, 3 pieces of thick cut bacon, 2 slices of low carb toasted bread and some hash brown taters. Before breakfast, I had a cup of unsweetened grapefruit juice to take my morning does of vits and meds, and a Diet Pepsi with a whole lime juiced into it and a few handfuls of trail mix and a granola bar. 

See, I already screwed it up. After I had the juice, Diet Pepsi, granola bar and trail mix, I went to work out. When I got back from working out, I had a Pure Whey Stack Cookies & Cream Double scoop with whole milk and two pieces of buttered toast. (I always have that after I work out). Then I had a shower and then I had the bacon, eggs, toast and taters. Sheesh!

Then I want to work at 9:00 AM. Came home for lunch at noon and had a salami & cheese sandwich on low carb bread with a few potato chips and another DP & Lime. I also drank liter of water between 9 & 12.

I know I had a few things to eat between lunch and dinner and a liter of water but I can't remember what it was.

For dinner we went to Texas Roadhouse and I had a couple of scones, a house salad w/ 1000 Island dressing, a rack of ribs and some baked beans. For dessert 40 minutes later, we had Krave frozen yogurt.

Since I've been home from dinner, I had a Greek Gods Yogurt, some trail mix and a dish of Breyers Carb Smart Chocolate Ice Cream.

I've probably left some stuff out, but I just don't remember right now, and I'm tired and I'm going to bed because I'm running tomorrow morning early.

Kerry

Kerry,
Do you mind me asking if you have much gas or loose BM's/diarrhea with this days food?

Thanks,
Allison
Kerry J.
on 7/1/10 9:13 pm - Santa Clara, UT
On July 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM Pacific Time, alfnjm wrote:
On June 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM Pacific Time, Kerry J. wrote:

Kerry

Kerry,
Do you mind me asking if you have much gas or loose BM's/diarrhea with this days food?

Thanks,
Allison
 Hi Allison,

I don't have any problems with loose BM's / diarrhea, I'm very regular and consistent; I can get gassy if I eat a lot of white flour. I can eat whole wheat bread no problem, pasta, no problem, sugar, no problem. If I eat enough pizza to fill up on it and it's regular crust; I turn into a gas factory within about two hours. 

I'm trying to think of anything else that makes me gassy, but pizza is the only thing that comes to mind and even then I have to eat a lot of it.

Kerry

Allison Mupas
on 7/2/10 6:32 am
 What is ****a?

Thank you for your response!